Yellow | Name the trucking companies

What about ABF and Carolina? They also took concessions.

What the (bleep)!?

I stood out in the picket line and they still worked. They are STILL in business and making money.

So....Uhhhh....what is the point???? Please educate me?

ABF and Carolina were separate companies during the strike in '94. The buy-out didn't happen until Sept. '95. Carolina was allowed to work for fear of them closing the doors. Those of us at ABF walked the picketline for the length of the strike and we never took concessions then nor after. We were asked to in the late 80's but voted it down. The company found another way to get themselves out of financial problems and look where they are today.

De-regulation was the death of all the union companies. It was an organized conspiracy to destroy the power of the Teamsters who were very corrupt(mob control and influence) and controlled to much of the trucking industry. It is a shame that the working man has had to suffer for the deeds of the powerful corrupt. The union in its pure sense is the greatest thing for the working man.

Amen Brother

ABF and Carolina were separate companies during the strike in '94. The buy-out didn't happen until Sept. '95. Carolina was allowed to work for fear of them closing the doors. Those of us at ABF walked the picketline for the length of the strike and we never took concessions then nor after. We were asked to in the late 80's but voted it down. The company found another way to get themselves out of financial problems and look where they are today.
Key to your post is you stood your ground and you did not give in to concessions...Thankyou...you are now one of my idols!!!:1036316054:

I am despot

I am seeing more union companies that have gone out of business than non union ...my hope was to show that unions aren't the cause but that management or the economic times may also have been a factor.:duh::holysheep:

Well my list is Churchill, ANR, Preston, Jones and H&W.Oh and for all pratical purposes DHL too . They're laying off about 85 to 90% of the drivers thruout the system

Graves Truck Line,Cassell freight,Santa Fe trail,Middlewest,Manley,Leonard Bros.Mid American,all union.

the ones i have worked for

thurston (NU)
standard trucking (U)
cf (U)
service transport (NU)
super transport (NU)

GEEZE! And I thought we had it bad... we ain't been thru the wringer, like you have man.... we had Mom & Pop, and then CF, and now O/O for someplace else.. still trucking tho, and hanging in there....