TForce | NATIONAL TFORCE NEGOTIATIONS KICK OFF

I tried applying for a feeder position at UPS in Erie Pa.

The UPS career site under my applications says no due to the fact that I am still considered a UPS employee?

The irony!!!!!!

The UPS career site under my applications says no due to the fact that I am still considered a UPS employee?

The irony!!!!!!
The whole thing was a smoke and mirrors job. When the LTL industry wouldn't kow tow to the Great UPS they quickly learned this ain't gonna be good. The stumbled and bumbled through 15 plus years fearing the bad press they would get if the worlds largest private fleet would fail at running a trucking Company. They threw money at it and used it to bolster the package side of the Company. They got the pension transfer which was worth untold billions as a result and just tolerated the Freight Division like an open sore. IMHO they worked hard to find a way to rid themselves of the mess they created, WITHOUT looking like they failed. The only thing they value more than a dollar is that UPS shield, what would the world say if the "tightest ship in the shipping industry" couldn't run a small LTL Company.
The decision was made to slip out of the freight business and not look like losers. Enter TFI, a profit driven acquisition Company looking to expand to the US. What could TFI lose? A relatively large carrier with vast land and equipment, get it for around 50 cents on the dollar, they couldn't lose. UPS would supplement the sale with its monster IT and HR, and after a few years nobody even remembers they failed.
I just received a letter from TFI in a UPS envelope, they are still joined at the hip.
April 1st, is the 2-year anniversary of the sale and there are some things in the agreement that must be implemented on that date, name change, rebranding and some I am not aware of.
I'm afraid that after Aug., 2023 TForce, if it remains will be a shell of its former Overnite success.
Prove me wrong Mr. Bedard......

Understood!

Just wondering the logic of missing pickups and paying excess overtime vs straight pay.

We do have switch accounts that pick up truck loads daily. That seems to be more of what they want vs rural routes

After the contract things may get busy again.

Why don't you go work non union???? If it is so bad???
I pay dues just like any other member. I have gone to meetings, nothing but a waste of time to me . Don't worry I'll be out of the union and the job soon enough, and I will never look back .

I pay dues just like any other member. I have gone to meetings, nothing but a waste of time to me . Don't worry I'll be out of the union and the job soon enough, and I will never look back .
And good riddance....sooner the better. YOUR everything thats wrong with the union now, members who don't support or believe in the union but enjoy the benefits by thinking I pay dues like everyone else. Guess what hypocrite.....we don't need your dues, we need good union people who believe in the principles. Also we don't care about you never looking back as nothing about you will the union miss.

Last edited:
Slow down there scooter. His opinion is shared but alot of union members. The IBT has a black caucus, Latino caucus, women's caucus and and an LGBTQ+P caucus they like politicians divide the members. There's a large number of union members who a conservative and don't care to hear a cheer leading secession about how great the democrats are. Let's face it the better the country does the better we do.
And good riddance....sooner the better. YOUR everything thats wrong with the union now, members who don't support or believe in the union but enjoy the benefits by thinking I pay dues like everyone else. Guess what hypocrite.....we don't need your dues, we need good union people who believe in the principles. Also we don't care about you never looking back as nothing about you will the union miss.

Believe me, the only reason the union even knows I exist is because of those dues I pay.
I despise the democrat party and all its minions. It was one Edward Kennedy (democrat) who pushed through deregulation of the trucking industry in 1980, Bill Clinton(democrat) signed NAFTA and destroyed millions of middle class jobs(union and non union). So, too hell with the democrat party and all the union officers who give them money and kiss their ass.

I vote for whom ever I want.... you are taking it too literal.... unless you are not capable of making your own decisions..... I don't let the union influence my decision on any election.

WHO said
Slow down there scooter. His opinion is shared but alot of union members. The IBT has a black caucus, Latino caucus, women's caucus and and an LGBTQ+P caucus they like politicians divide the members. There's a large number of union members who a conservative and don't care to hear a cheer leading secession about how great the democrats are. Let's face it the better the country does the better we do.
Where did I say one word about politics as I don’t give a fart about either party it’s you conservatives,republicans or whatever you call yourself who always bring it up. Reading is comprehension and what I replied to highlighted had nothing to do with politics.

WHO said

Where did I say one word about politics as I don’t give a fart about either party it’s you conservatives,republicans or whatever you call yourself who always bring it up. Reading is comprehension and what I replied to highlighted had nothing to do with politics.
You didn't you implied based on No Ports previous post from Saturday it can be implied. Nonetheless not attending meetings at the local is the norm. We pay our dues and expect the union to do their jobs and represent us and let's be honest over the past 15 years they've sucked at it and if they can't get it right this time I'll stop paying dues.

I see they are using the phrase “Master Freight Agreement.” Do they plan to change TForce Freights contract to match that of Master Freight? If so, doesn’t that eliminate seniority by classification and change it to Company seniority? If so I’m a NO Vote! I’m not going to vote for a contract that allows a dockworker with 30 years to displace a road driver with 20 years on the road driver classification.
You think there are sleeper dock people just waiting for the opportunity to bump you out of your route?

I am currently on lay off.

My fellow P&D drivers told me that my TM tried to bring 2 of us back to work and the higher power in Richmond said absolutely not.

Nevermind we’re missing pickups daily and customers are pissed off!
It could be that imports are down 40% from last year. It's not just us, everyone is slow. The last 2 years had a massive frt volumes caused by the covid protocols. All that ppe, that isnt required anymore. Ups was always bloated with drivers, dock, and management.
Richmond doesn't see an uptick in available frt to pickup. So why bring people back. That crazy amount of ot is also drying up. If management figures out to manage there won't be much ot. But I've been saying that for over 20 years now.

You didn't you implied based on No Ports previous post from Saturday it can be implied. Nonetheless not attending meetings at the local is the norm. We pay our dues and expect the union to do their jobs and represent us and let's be honest over the past 15 years they've sucked at it and if they can't get it right this time I'll stop paying dues.
Friggen amazing how people reap and enjoy all the benefits hard fought for by the union then bitch,cry and whine. Hey how about on your way out leave the pension the union got you and I can’t wait until you have to pay for your own medical insurance. They might not negotiate a great contract but I’m willing to bet both of you will still be at the troth eating up the benefits of the union still bitching and whining and you know why…..because it’s what best for your family.

The irony!!!!!!
Consult with a labor attorney you didn't sign a contract that you have to continue to work under T-Force.

Yes but there no longer liable for the entire orphan fund. just there on employes .just like yellow an there on employes. No longer will they have to pay a pension on company employes that have gone out of business. That puts the company's left only responsible for there on employes. Takes a big burden off the union COMPANYS left. Thanks to the tax payer for bailing out centrial states pension fund. I hope you can understand this if. If not you need to go to more local union meetings!
We should have just implemented my idea of a National Pension Plan just merge Social Security with all these pension funds so everyone gets a pension!