TForce | NATIONAL TFORCE NEGOTIATIONS KICK OFF

Friggen amazing how people reap and enjoy all the benefits hard fought for by the union then bitch,cry and whine. Hey how about on your way out leave the pension the union got you and I can’t wait until you have to pay for your own medical insurance. They might not negotiate a great contract but I’m willing to bet both of you will still be at the troth eating up the benefits of the union still bitching and whining and you know why…..because it’s what best for your family.
Do you work here? We had a much better pension before the 2008 contract. Road drivers received a .0125 cpm raise over the span of 5 years under the current contract. Now our competitors are 7 to 10 cpm ahead of us. None of our fellow teamsters pay a dime for H&W benefits while we pay $35 to $40 for ours. We pay our dues we do our job yet over the past 10 years we've all went backwards on pay and benefits.

Do you work here? We had a much better pension before the 2008 contract. Road drivers received a .0125 cpm raise over the span of 5 years under the current contract. Now our competitors are 7 to 10 cpm ahead of us. None of our fellow teamsters pay a dime for H&W benefits while we pay $35 to $40 for ours. We pay our dues we do our job yet over the past 10 years we've all went backwards on pay and benefits.
Yeah in my 15th year and I get and understand all that you stated but change starts within the body with members participating to initiate that change. The difference between you,me and no port is I would never walk away from a union gig to work non-union. The union will always give you a VOICE to say your piece and save your job if wrongfully terminated plus I’m no good at sucking up which you have to non union or minimum fear to speak up.
As far as wages with all that you said I’m willing to bet our total wage/benefits package is still better than any non.
But nobody wants to mention that just whine about the hour/mileage gap.
You mentioned that you may stop paying dues instead of leaving the union completely as no port stated so I assume you are in a RTW state to do that.
Must be nice to stop paying dues but still receive union negotiated wages/benefits. SMH
Again don’t let the door hit you or any other deserters on the way out.

Yeah in my 15th year and I get and understand all that you stated but change starts within the body with members participating to initiate that change. The difference between you,me and no port is I would never walk away from a union gig to work non-union. The union will always give you a VOICE to say your piece and save your job if wrongfully terminated plus I’m no good at sucking up which you have to non union or minimum fear to speak up.
As far as wages with all that you said I’m willing to bet our total wage/benefits package is still better than any non.
But nobody wants to mention that just whine about the hour/mileage gap.
You mentioned that you may stop paying dues instead of leaving the union completely as no port stated so I assume you are in a RTW state to do that.
Must be nice to stop paying dues but still receive union negotiated wages/benefits. SMH
Again don’t let the door hit you or any other deserters on the way out.
Its great to live in a RTW state it makes it easy to stop paying someone who doesn't do their job. It also protects people who don't wish to join an organization that they disagree with. Freedom is a great thing. As for our wage and benefit plan as a union company we should set the standard in both separately. Our wages should be superior as well as our benefits. Ever notice how management uses the same message that you're using with out evidence as to how much the non union carriers pay for their benefit packages including 401k H&w benefits vacation and sick leave. Management never compares apples to apples.

Its great to live in a RTW state it makes it easy to stop paying someone who doesn't do their job. It also protects people who don't wish to join an organization that they disagree with. Freedom is a great thing. As for our wage and benefit plan as a union company we should set the standard in both separately. Our wages should be superior as well as our benefits. Ever notice how management uses the same message that you're using with out evidence as to how much the non union carriers pay for their benefit packages including 401k H&w benefits vacation and sick leave. Management never compares apples to apples.
Because many of the non union carriers have better overall compensation packages. People just refuse to admit it.

Friggen amazing how people reap and enjoy all the benefits hard fought for by the union then bitch,cry and whine. Hey how about on your way out leave the pension the union got you and I can’t wait until you have to pay for your own medical insurance. They might not negotiate a great contract but I’m willing to bet both of you will still be at the troth eating up the benefits of the union still bitching and whining and you know why…..because it’s what best for your family.
I pay my dues, and I have every right to be critical of the elected union officers as I do elected politicians, because I pay the taxes/dues they need to be employed.
There is a sickness in this country that has infested the left(the teamsters are part of it), an illness of wokeness, a Marxists ideology, that has replaced failed class warfare with racial, gender, and twisted sexual identity.
I am a freedom loving, merit based, hard working American man. I am the sworn enemy of wokeness.

Because many of the non union carriers have better overall compensation packages. People just refuse to admit it.
NO one has a better "overall" package than a Union carrier. While weekly compensation might be more on the surface once you factor in the vastly superior health and welfare benefits we enjoy, we remain at the top.

Its great to live in a RTW state it makes it easy to stop paying someone who doesn't do their job. It also protects people who don't wish to join an organization that they disagree with. Freedom is a great thing. As for our wage and benefit plan as a union company we should set the standard in both separately. Our wages should be superior as well as our benefits. Ever notice how management uses the same message that you're using

Non union is the way to go
Really? Because I for one like seniority rights like my husband has that Oops I don't have a union job. 19 years. Shift bid? Good luck. No sour grapes because I am lucky have gotten my 1st or 2nd choices last few years. but let me clue u in. Changes every year and by bid I mean you fill in about 20 of your top choices email it and they let you know. Our bids are formula based time in company,time in position, performance and time in grade but they took that out this year. Holiday something different. I don't think people wanting non union really have a clue. Only thing I have better than hubs is paid time off.

Really? Because I for one like seniority rights like my husband has that Oops I don't have a union job. 19 years. Shift bid? Good luck. No sour grapes because I am lucky have gotten my 1st or 2nd choices last few years. but let me clue u in. Changes every year and by bid I mean you fill in about 20 of your top choices email it and they let you know. Our bids are formula based time in company,time in position, performance and time in grade but they took that out this year. Holiday something different. I don't think people wanting non union really have a clue. Only thing I have better than hubs is paid time off.
May I ask who you work for?
If you'd rather not...I understand.

I pay my dues, and I have every right to be critical of the elected union officers as I do elected politicians, because I pay the taxes/dues they need to be employed.
There is a sickness in this country that has infested the left(the teamsters are part of it), an illness of wokeness, a Marxists ideology, that has replaced failed class warfare with racial, gender, and twisted sexual identity.
I am a freedom loving, merit based, hard working American man. I am the sworn enemy of wokeness.
LOL brain washed goes both ways

I didn't say I was anti union what I did say is I think it's great people have a choice. A free people should never be forced to join any organization that they disagree with.