TForce | NATIONAL TFORCE NEGOTIATIONS KICK OFF

Pitt is one of the better ones....last I heard paid health insurance (doubt it stacks up though)....what do they get for a pension? My contract pays about 30 grand a year into my fund...retirees of my fund are getting about 6 grand a month, with 30 years in....
A well funded pension is absolutely worth it's weight in gold. Not going down that road again but it's not really available anymore in my area except for a few employers. I'm happy the funds have been made whole but for those of us with 20+ years until retirement the problem of not enough people paying in is going to be an issue. Our benefits at Pitt go head to head with the benefits I had when I was at Sysco. Something's vary slightly in different directions but not much.

And so much easier to be let go.
Nothing's perfect in this world. I've seen plenty of union drivers let go as well. Sad thing was I saw more union drivers standing in line to give their notice while I was at Sysco. In today's world it goes both ways. People and companies don't care anymore.

A well funded pension is absolutely worth it's weight in gold. Not going down that road again but it's not really available anymore in my area except for a few employers. I'm happy the funds have been made whole but for those of us with 20+ years until retirement the problem of not enough people paying in is going to be an issue. Our benefits at Pitt go head to head with the benefits I had when I was at Sysco. Something's vary slightly in different directions but not much.
I get what you are saying and if you are happy there then great....but you said Pitt's benefits compared to Sysco, what about compared to ABF and TForce?

I get what you are saying and if you are happy there then great....but you said Pitt's benefits compared to Sysco, what about compared to ABF and TForce?
The health benefits were NY teamsters health and welfare. Pitts health insurance goes toe to toe with that. I'll give you the retirement benefits as better at ABF and TForce if the fund is healthy. I'd argue the TForce plan is better cause their not involved with the mess the fund in my area was in. Tops, Wegmans, Upstate Milk and a few others all got out of the pension here. We have a 401k with 6% match. Location is everything with how many companies may still be in the plans and if their even available anymore. I'm pulling for good contracts for everyone.

Im
Yes they are. And he is comparing food service transport to freight hauler.
I'm also pointing out billion dollar companies aren't in the pension anymore in my area. That's not by accident. When there's only 2 freight companies left perhaps 3 if you include Standard Forwarding that have pensions that are good what would you have me point to.