FedEx Freight | National Truck Driver Appreciation Week-2018

We had a big breakfast catered on Tues. :1036316054: We'll keep ya posted, as the week goes on...:bananapartyhat:
Then on Wed., we had a premium food truck representing a top shelf group of local restaurants. Missed it (left early), but it was said to be very good.

Thurs: Krispy Kreme doughnuts, am & pm.

One day we got **** warm cider and 10 day old donuts. The next day we got hotdogs. Day after that we got cheap plastic cups. On the last day we all got room temp. pizza. I was like really??? That's them showing that they appreciate us. I would've been happier if they gave all of us anti bacterial wipes. These center managers do not give a rats behind about you or how hard you work for them. Then when their bosses come around and ask us if we have any questions. We all ask questions. Our center manager hates it when we all start asking questions about bids and getting our equipment fixed. He always says, "well I spent $40,000 this year on getting equipment fixed." Ok, 1st off that's not YOUR money. It's FedEx's money. 2nd of all, it's part of operating cost. 3rd of all. How much money are you saving a year by not having a shop in our yard and hiring out a vendor. 4th thing. You can't put a price on safety. It's not safe to go down a road on bald tires with the metal bands popping through the rubber while hauling flammables. My center manager and old safety manager told me to write it up when I get back. I could not believe that they would want me to put my life at risk. My center manger said that he would pull it. I was like NO I am not pulling it. I waited for a vendor to replace the tires. My center manager was pissed.

One day we got **** warm cider and 10 day old donuts. The next day we got hotdogs. Day after that we got cheap plastic cups. On the last day we all got room temp. pizza. I was like really??? That's them showing that they appreciate us. I would've been happier if they gave all of us anti bacterial wipes. These center managers do not give a rats behind about you or how hard you work for them. Then when their bosses come around and ask us if we have any questions. We all ask questions. Our center manager hates it when we all start asking questions about bids and getting our equipment fixed. He always says, "well I spent $40,000 this year on getting equipment fixed." Ok, 1st off that's not YOUR money. It's FedEx's money. 2nd of all, it's part of operating cost. 3rd of all. How much money are you saving a year by not having a shop in our yard and hiring out a vendor. 4th thing. You can't put a price on safety. It's not safe to go down a road on bald tires with the metal bands popping through the rubber while hauling flammables. My center manager and old safety manager told me to write it up when I get back. I could not believe that they would want me to put my life at risk. My center manger said that he would pull it. I was like NO I am not pulling it. I waited for a vendor to replace the tires. My center manager was pissed.
Well at least you got a small effort. In CHS we didn"t get anything.

A TM only cares about his numbers not his people.

A shop in your yard ? It's a waste of time , wash
your hands in **** you will be better off...