FedEx Freight | National Truck Driver Appreciation Week-2018

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
Any thing interesting to report, going on this week?

Presidential Message on National Truck Driver Appreciation Week

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...sage-national-truck-driver-appreciation-week/

"The enterprising and determined men and women who drive trucks are essential to our country’s economy, delivering 11.6 billion tons of freight in 2016, including essential goods like food, medicine, and clothing. Truck drivers travel from coast to coast to ensure factories have the raw materials they need and store shelves are stocked to meet the demands of our Nation’s booming economy. America depends on our trucking industry, and it continues to be a major contributor to our country’s workforce and infrastructure."

Always curious what festivities are going on across the country...

Fleets, suppliers recognizing drivers this week with deals and ceremonies

https://www.ccjdigital.com/drivers-recognized-as-part-of-national-truck-driver-appreciation-week/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=09-10-2018&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-1

At My old terminal, drivers got.......
..... a candy bar.

Uhhhhhh,,,
Buddy who's still there, sent me a picture of a Butterfinger yesterday.

Things must have gone downhill.

Last edited:
Huh...we got Krispy Kreme doughnuts with coffee and orange juice today, grilled burgers and dogs on Wed, biscuits (I guessing from Bojangles, mmmm) on Thur, and grab bags on Fri.

Woohoo!!

Big Dave got a new steering wheel for his big truck!!!
A2yAizT.jpg

Then there is this from Denny's

Denny’s thanks professional drivers with a month of discounts

https://www.trucker.com/drivers/denny-s-thanks-professional-drivers-month-discounts

"“America’s Diner” invites professional drivers to stop into participating Denny’s travel center locations to receive a scratch-off card with various diner discounts and prizes as a thank you for their hard work. Each scratch-off card includes a different Denny’s deal like a free Original Grand Slam® with a beverage purchase, 20 percent off an entire guest check, free coffee or dessert with purchase of entrée and many more.

All month long, Denny’s will provide professional drivers with a 10 percent discount key tag that can be used at participating Denny’s travel center locations now through Dec. 31, 2019."

We got biscuits the other morning had no idea they were bringing them, already had breakfast that morning so it was a bust.

Huh...we got Krispy Kreme doughnuts with coffee and orange juice today, grilled burgers and dogs on Wed, biscuits (I guessing from Bojangles, mmmm) on Thur, and grab bags on Fri.

Woohoo!!
I stand corrected...instead of Bojangles we got Chick-Fil-A biscuits this morn!!!

Maybe they do appreciate us...just a little bit

I spoke with a Ground driver and they had no idea is was "employee appreciation week". I guess it does not extend to the contractors.

We had pizza yesterday evening and supposed to have breakfast again in morning be nice to have chic fil a like clt, their breakfast rocks.

We had breakfast burritos Monday morning and pizza in the pm
Tuesday we had all kinds of candy cookies donuts sodas and chips
Wednesday we had BBQ Mexican food all day long carne Asada and chicken
Thursday we had a nacho bar with all the fixings
And Friday is ice cream day!!