National Truck Driver Appreciation Week

Here's a tribute that includes how 29 industry companies are celebrating NTDAW and what they are doing for their drivers: http://t.co/vdjl0JXog8

How is your company honoring your service?
Here at SAIA LTL FREIGHT in Texas. It's Fajitas all week ... Chicken and Beef with all the fixings .. Buffet style. All you can eat. Plus free drinks. Some individual drank all the Dew but that's cool ... I won't mention his name .. LOL ... But anyway at my old company you were limited to two hotdogs and you had to buy your own drink. Cheap bastards!! SAIA goes all out and spares no expense. All of us at SAIA feel appreciated and have put on about 5 pounds as of today (Thursday) ... I love this company.

Last edited:
How is your company honoring your service?

they are allowing us to keep our jobs..???

we get "honored" by NOT having any supervisor(s) around.

we deal directly with the customer, and call our supervisor(s) only if we have a problem, which is rare

they are allowing us to keep our jobs..???

we get "honored" by NOT having any supervisor(s) around.

we deal directly with the customer, and call our supervisor(s) only if we have a problem, which is rare
As long as you feel appreciated. That's all that matters I suppose. Whatever it takes.

What's National Truck Driver Appreciation Week really mean?
Cheap gifts if at all?
Once a year free food?
A once a year Thank You?

This year I received a brand new flashlight with attached tools and a neat little back light for tool usage from a company I have never worked.
Last year I received two hats from the same company during the same style "driver appreciation".
I despise that company.

The company I do work at gave us nothing except more EMPLOYMENT and considering the status of this nation, it's a better gift than any cheap stuff or once a year food fest, so I'm GRATEFUL for the continued EMPLOYMENT.

For what then are you grateful?