Nct union

No not another giant driver meeting, more communication and committees for drivers and managers, it was something we asked the management team for at the meeting. It's great to be in a more focused group setting

With permission to post from another Driver: Now that the breakfast is over and all that attended filled their bellies with the free food, let me fill your minds with some food for thought. I commend those of you that stood up and voiced your concerns.That tells me that some of you care. A few points were brought up by management I would like to address. First and foremost the question was asked what the profit margins were last year. The company's response was clear, if you read between the lines. They stated that the company was privately owned, therefore they did not have to divulge that information. That tells me they made a substantial net profit. By not stating the statistics the obvious conclusion was quite clear. Secondly, they compared the weekly salary of their employees to union wages and claimed they were consistent. The figure I believe was $1,200 per week. If you do the math that would be roughly 55 hours worked at straight time. Now if you take that same hourly rate and apply overtime, in theory you would only need to work less than 50 hours for the same gross salary. We all know there is no such thing as a 50 hour work week at New Century. So if we take this theory and apply the reality of hours actually worked, your gross pay based on 40 hours plus 25 hours overtime would be roughly $1,717.40! Compare that to 65 hours of straight time only you just lost $277. If you still had to pay for healthcare at roughly $150 per week you would still be ahead of the curve. These are just two items that came up at the breakfast. It's a no brainer and a win win.

actually we were showed the breakdown of every local drivers pay in comparison with teamster avg,s there was a chart that showed all of us broken down by our salary and how our compensation compares with union trends. its way above by leaps and bounds...lets face it you cant promise us more than we are already getting because of how we are compensated.

its not a no brainer and you just pulled that calculation out of thin air my friend,

lets keep to what we know

. That tells me they made a substantial net profit. By not stating the statistics the obvious conclusion was quite clear.

I'm confused, what's the obvious conclusion? Because they didn't say anything, they made money??? I don't get how they relate, they didn't say anything

what do you mean? i was sitting right next two tables from the projector, and my eyesight isnt that bad yet

it was a bar chart with groupings of pay

If you're comparing straight numbers to straight numbers, I don't see how it matters who. If the numbers show it, then the number show it.

obviously they didn't show the chart that compares the health and welfare statistics that you would automatically receive from the union. Factor those figures into THEIR chart and get back to me with the final numbers....I'll keep to what I know......you do the same!

don't you think if the ACTUALLY lost money they would gladly use that to pull at your heart strings? Common sense tells me when you hide the facts you do it for a reason.

I bet that chart looked real impressive.....fancy bright colors too! They omitted one column though, one that they don't offer. Company paid health benefits and pension. The last time I checked that was always factored in the bottom line when it came to salary...

obviously they didn't show the chart that compares the health and welfare statistics that you would automatically receive from the union. Factor those figures into THEIR chart and get back to me with the final numbers....I'll keep to what I know......you do the same!

what health and welfare statistics? what they are paying is what they are paying, you can't really fudge that