SAIA | NE Expansion

LinkedIn shows SAIA hiring account executives in Worcester Ma. It makes perfect sense if you think about it. I can’t confirm because SAIA hasn’t announced it yet. But if you’re smart you can read the writing on the wall. SAIA is coming for a piece of the pie. They think there is plenty to go around.
Thx for the info Train. I drive for XPO logistics LTL here in Central New England and we know that your company is expanding into the Northeast. I was invited to sit in to a roundtable meeting that we had at our terminal the other day and we talked about a variety of different subjects one of which was Saia’s push into the northeast. It seems that our company, XPO, is concerned that our drivers and management personnel are going to jump ship when you guys set up shop up here. All of us at the meeting came to the conclusion that our company needs to attempt to prevent ship jumping as much as possible by insuring that our wages and benefits are improved thus minimizing our losses. And I do hope that’s the case ... that we will improve as far as wages and benefits is concerned as your company's expansion plans force our top brass to take a hard look at what it will take to keep us.

Thx for the info Train. I drive for XPO logistics LTL here in Central New England and we know that your company is expanding into the Northeast. I was invited to sit in to a roundtable meeting that we had at our terminal the other day and we talked about a variety of different subjects one of which was Saia’s push into the northeast. It seems that our company, XPO, is concerned that our drivers and management personnel are going to jump ship when you guys set up shop up here. All of us at the meeting came to the conclusion that our company needs to attempt to prevent ship jumping as much as possible by insuring that our wages and benefits are improved thus minimizing our losses. And I do hope that’s the case ... that we will improve as far as wages and benefits is concerned as your company's expansion plans force our top brass to take a hard look at what it will take to keep us.
If you're dumb enough to come here to saia then xpo was lucky enough to get rid of their garbage. We are so desperate will take anyone with a half a pulse

Just curious if anyone of you guys can confirm that Your LTL ,Saia, has broken ground and is currently constructing a terminal for the Worcester ma area on Bartlett st in Northboro ma across from FEDEX LTL. Thx any info will be appreciated whether the speculation is true or not.

One our Mass Drivers said it is a regular warehouse opening- it was in one of the local papers shown what’s new in town.

Job Postings : TERMINAL MANAGER / Springfield, MA
TERMINAL MANAGER / West Boston, MA

Any ideas where the terminals are? I know the area ok, can’t think of any decent empty terminals. Pitt Ohio bought Ross Express so that takes their buildings out. The 2 locations sound very much like the Land Air terminals.

Job Postings : TERMINAL MANAGER / Springfield, MA
TERMINAL MANAGER / West Boston, MA

They just posted drivers jobs for W. Springfield Ma. And West Boston. There is only so many places to go in the Springfield area, but West Boston ?? Any idea where that terminal will be ??

They just posted drivers jobs for W. Springfield Ma. And West Boston. There is only so many places to go in the Springfield area, but West Boston ?? Any idea where that terminal will be ??
It will be at 55 Otis st in Westboro and another terminal in Wrenthem on South St ( The old CBL/Yellow/ BJ's warehouse) but you didn't hear it from me

It will be at 55 Otis st in Westboro and another terminal in Wrenthem on South St ( The old CBL/Yellow/ BJ's warehouse) but you didn't hear it from me

I think the one in springfiled is the Land Air terminal. My friend says there is a new for lease sign in front of it and their trailers are now in the old Estes terminal next door.

I think the one in springfiled is the Land Air terminal. My friend says there is a new for lease sign in front of it and their trailers are now in the old Estes terminal next door.

I see the posted Northford CT, terminal next to JP Express

Newark NJ ? That's interesting, only possible location is the current mini break that Fedex Frght is moving out of. It was built by Brown Freight( for the old timers) then became Carolina, Viking, Watkins , FedEx National and currently Fedex Freight. The north side can only use pups or S/T's due to the fence line. There used to be a small yard in the corner but the landlord took it so he can build a cold storage facility. It's close to 100 doors but the doors only have like 8-10 inches between them. The front yard maybe holds 25-30 pups. Very industrial area, Red Star used to be next door but is now a lumber yard/brick yard. High theft area, lock your cars up tight. It is great central/North Jersey location though, near airport and ports.

Do you guys have something in the Baltimore area ?
Built when 96 28 Puppy or 40 foot singles, way back when!!! Lot guys quit good jobs to work part time at a start up ??? Not smart