SAIA | NE Expansion

How do they plan to cover the Eastern Shore of MD/DE and beach freight? Run it all out of their Baltimore terminal or open an end of line barn over there? Send guys down from Philly? Any thoughts?

I've heard they will begin processing applications for Baltimore in a couple weeks, the newly hired TM is currently in Cleveland for training. A few guys from my barn have applied, and have already received offers

People up here in New England are clamoring for the arrival of Saia. When do you current employees think Saia will begin operations in Rhode Island or Massachusetts?

The official word is that they're opening up four more terminals this year, they're probably going to open up New York State first then New England.

Saia move into the Wilkes Barre area for a few months now & i know they got a well
known salesmen from New Penn, and i rarely see your trucks at any of my stops & if i do its someone i have never seen before. I thought they would have been more aggressive to drum up business....
It takes a long time to establish a presence in the Northeast. SAIA is moving slowly by design. They must have the right people in place and be ready to handle the business and take care of the customers. They aren’t there yet. If they start out with poor service and a bad reputation it’s very hard to recover from that. When they are ready they will begin the push. They have invested too much to walk away now.

It takes a long time to establish a presence in the Northeast. SAIA is moving slowly by design. They must have the right people in place and be ready to handle the business and take care of the customers. They aren’t there yet. If they start out with poor service and a bad reputation it’s very hard to recover from that. When they are ready they will begin the push. They have invested too much to walk away now.
Are you saia's official spokesman?

Just curious if anyone of you guys can confirm that Your LTL ,Saia, has broken ground and is currently constructing a terminal for the Worcester ma area on Bartlett st in Northboro ma across from FEDEX LTL. Thx any info will be appreciated whether the speculation is true or not.
LinkedIn shows SAIA hiring account executives in Worcester Ma. It makes perfect sense if you think about it. I can’t confirm because SAIA hasn’t announced it yet. But if you’re smart you can read the writing on the wall. SAIA is coming for a piece of the pie. They think there is plenty to go around.