Need lots of prayers here

How sad is this.
My prayers did go up for the lost loved ones,their families,friends and co-workers, to find comort in this time of ther loss.
Also the injured to make a full recovery.
Than the sorrow of this Fedex driver thats going to remember this the rest of his life.
To relive this,over,and over in his mind of how things could have been different.

A prayer also for whatever his poor jugement will bring the future of him,and his family if he's found at fault.

Yes I did honor your request of prayers in Jesus name, to sort out this very bad moment it time.
As fast as this took place,as well as how sorry one may be,theres is no way of changing what happened.

None of us truckers ever know what our day may bring.
For we all can say,but for the grace of God this could be anyone of us.

ever time i open this page i close my eyes 4 one sec and pray that its not someone i known at work u never known when its your time to go sad but true

Yes you had my prayers,how did everything work out?
Did the blame for everything go to the Fedex driver?

Whenever I see any trucking accident my prayers go up for everyone.
The victums,as well as the one,or ones that were at fault.
It only takes a very short space of time to have everything go wrong.
Memories of bad events can last an entire life time.

From what I've heard, the driver is being charged with 3 counts of vehicular manslaughter. Apparently he was on his cell phone at the time of impact. Very sad. We heard he had a perfect record until then. I hope all turns out well TresGray.

Thanks for the welcome

The driver was charged with reckless driving. I don't know if he was talking on his cell phone or not as I was far up in the chain and never saw what was happening. I was hit twice, once by the big guy and once by a car that broke loose from underneath him.

His court date is on Halloween. I've been subpeona'ed (sp?) so I will be going. It will be a difficult and emotionally trying experience for everyone.

I work with a lot of independent truckers. I've found y'all to be my most favourite clients and some of the best people around.

Please continue to pray for the families of the people who died and for the FedEx driver and his family.

Thoughts and Prayers go out to everyone involved...I hate to here you were involved in a bad accident....Hope you were not hurt to bad......

The driver was found guilty of reckless driving. His sentence was:

$2000 fine; $1000 suspended
90 days in jail; 70 days suspended*
50 hours community service
License suspended for 6 months*

*I may not have the # of days correct and the judge may have said 3 months (I couldn't hear her very well).

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.

I have a link to the court site that details this information. It doesn't mention the community service and only gives the effective amount of the fine rather than the full/suspended.

I can't post links/urls though because I don't have 15 posts.

How do I get the info to you?

If you want to add up your posts,go to the games on the Big threads,or Wateringhole.
These gams are fun trying to out wit other posters,and it also builds up your post numbers.

Thank you for all the information you've given us about this tragic accident.

When we see accidents involing some of our own in the trucking industry.
Its good to know about the out comes as everyone involved needs comfort from God.
Also its a real wake up call to the rest of us that deliver Americas goods to really focus on what we are doing at all times, to avoid the same life changing events.

By the way what happen to the original pictures and news that started this thread?

I wanted to print the news story.
With the end results to hang it up in our drivers room for all my co-workers.

Sometimes drivers get into a comfort zone,not thinking that just one split second of not focusing on your job could wind up being a tragic accident.

I'm the UPS Freight safety trainer at my terminal.
I try to do all I can to make my co-workers think about the safety they should be putting into practise.

Not just because UPS wants it that way now that we are owned by them.

But its really for our own good,at work,also in our own personal vehicles.

:clap: Preach it Apostolic,
you're absolutely right.
Safety dosen't just 'happen'
We have to work at it daily, hourly. :clap: :soapbox: