ABF | Net Income Of $16.3 Million, $0.62 Per Share Vs $27.0 Million/$1.02 Per Share

Sumting Wong

TB Lurker
Credits
today reported third quarter 2019 revenue of $787.6 million compared to third quarter 2018 revenue of $826.2 million. Third quarter 2019 operating income was $31.2 million compared to operating income of $56.1 million in third quarter last year. Third quarter net income was $16.3 million, or $0.62 per diluted share compared to third quarter 2018 net income of $40.8 million, or $1.52 per diluted share.

Excluding certain items in both periods, as identified in the attached reconciliation tables, including final nonunion pension charges of $6.0 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, eliminating any further nonunion pension expense, non‑GAAP net income was $27.0 million, or $1.02 per diluted share, in third quarter 2019 compared to third quarter 2018 net income of $40.0 million, or $1.49 per diluted share.

Third Quarter 2019 Versus Third Quarter 2018" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Third Quarter 2019 Versus Third Quarter 2018

• Revenue of $565.6 million compared to $585.3 million, a per-day decrease of 4.1 percent.
  • Tonnage per day decrease of 4.6 percent, with a ten percent decrease in LTL‑rated freight offset by a double digit percentage increase in truckload‑rated freight.
  • Shipments per day decrease of 3.9 percent.
  • Total weight per shipment decreased 0.7 percent with a decrease in the average LTL‑rated weight per shipment of approximately 6 percent.
  • Total billed revenue per hundredweight increased 1.5 percent. Excluding fuel surcharge, the percentage increase on LTL‑rated freight was in the high‑single digits.
  • Operating income of $31.7 million and an operating ratio of 94.4 percent compared to operating income of $50.2 million and an operating ratio of 91.4 percent. On a non-GAAP basis, operating income of $38.5 million and an operating ratio of 93.2 percent compared to operating income of $51.2 million and an operating ratio of 91.2 percent.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/arcbest-announces-third-quarter-2019-200500169.html

Third quarter linehaul costs were below the prior year due to improved utilization of owned equipment combined with reductions in the use of rail and other outside carrier resources............ Huh??? Sure could have fooled me...

Third quarter linehaul costs were below the prior year due to improved utilization of owned equipment combined with reductions in the use of rail and other outside carrier resources............ Huh??? Sure could have fooled me...

Hah! Maybe they were using.....smaller Choo-Choo trains.
I live near a major rail line.....All I see is ABF boxes,....YRC boxes,....mixed in with the JB boxes......

Does Panther count as an outside carrier Resource?