ODFL | new 53 ft trls NEED INFO ON THESE

outlaw88

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone tell me anything about these new 53 ft tlrs??? I have been told they are a lot like the new 48 ft trls that seem to be to high and the floor isn't all wood.there has been some talk about me getting one and want to know if I really want it...We have a new 48 ft liftgate and the driver that has it doesn't like it.I know that Greensboro has some of these new 53 ft trls with the super singles on it.a driver was telling me today that with the floor like that pups that it was hard to turn a pallet jack around on it with a lot of weight.

They are no new 53's.The only thing new trailer's that we are getting is the 48 liftgate's&pup's.The 53 supersingle's in GBO are not new.These were refurb'd trailer's.No liftgate's.They are wood floor'd.Seen some 53 liftgate's several year's ago that look'd to be new.They didn't stay in GBO.Don't know where they went.
Can anyone tell me anything about these new 53 ft tlrs??? I have been told they are a lot like the new 48 ft trls that seem to be to high and the floor isn't all wood.there has been some talk about me getting one and want to know if I really want it...We have a new 48 ft liftgate and the driver that has it doesn't like it.I know that Greensboro has some of these new 53 ft trls with the super singles on it.a driver was telling me today that with the floor like that pups that it was hard to turn a pallet jack around on it with a lot of weight.

I have used the new 48 liftgate's.I haven't had much problem with the floor.But,I can see where there would be a problem.Like I said I remember some new 53 liftgate's coming thru maybe last year or so.They never stay'd in GBO.
Thanks for the info..Maybe I should keep my old one.

I haven t seen any new 53 ft trls at all but have been told there are some out there Like I said they are like the new 48 ft trls so I have been told..Im surprised that OD bought new vans.

Run your pallet jack down the center of those trailers with the new floors where it's all wood and try to make your turns from around that point. Those anti-slip floors make a 1,600LB skid feel like a 2,600LB skid!

View image: IMAG3304.......New 53...I hooked a tractor to one and took some measurements......ground to bottom of trailer 45 inches(older trailer 44 inches).......roll up door opening 102 height..92.5 width(old trailer 104 height...93 width)........both old and new are 13 feet 4 inches. They DO have sliding tandems with supersingles.

I have used the new 48 liftgate's.I haven't had much problem with the floor.But,I can see where there would be a problem.Like I said I remember some new 53 liftgate's coming thru maybe last year or so.They never stay'd in GBO.

Kenneth, who makes the trailers, and where is GBO? thanks

WOW ! Thanks for the pics they do look nice though. I don't know now if im going to get one since they sent my old one back. How many are these out there?? OH and thanks for all the deals too about it. .Its not as much difference than I was told. they look really nice.

I ask'd this morning about new 53 in GBO.There a couple new one's around.I haven't got one yet.does have the Alum. floor.Walbash Trailer's.Already having problem's with of the new 48.Dogtracking bigtime

Thanks if you do see any new 53 ft trls if you can get the trl no# of one. Someone told me of one that was 532142 .That was on Monday BUT everytime we check it Its dropped some where .Was told that it was new.I think I"m going to try and get one why not get used to it now before that take my old one. Its going to happen someday.From the pics I have seen they look nice. looks like a LARGE PUP.to bad the floors aren't all wood but then again they don't ask the drivers what we like.lol.maybe if I'm lucky I will get one of these new 53 ft trls .I've had mine for over 10 years now. THANKS AGAIN! FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS.OD DRIVERS ARE THE BEST!

Thanks if you do see any new 53 ft trls if you can get the trl no# of one. Someone told me of one that was 532142 .That was on Monday BUT everytime we check it Its dropped some where .Was told that it was new.I think I"m going to try and get one why not get used to it now before that take my old one. Its going to happen someday.From the pics I have seen they look nice. looks like a LARGE PUP.to bad the floors aren't all wood but then again they don't ask the drivers what we like.lol.maybe if I'm lucky I will get one of these new 53 ft trls .I've had mine for over 10 years now. THANKS AGAIN! FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS.OD DRIVERS ARE THE BEST!
Conway is going to start experimenting with 33Ft. pups....and are lobbying Congress to use them in sets....May be the future..

Conway is going to start experimenting with 33Ft. pups....and are lobbying Congress to use them in sets....May be the future..

We have those goofy looking 34 footers with liftgates, they're like driving around a towncar after pulling 53's all the time!

We have a 532054, but it is an old heartland trailer. We also have another 532 and a few 531's. The one, 531137 is a swing door.... Don't get me wrong though, when I say old they are probably only a few years old and in excellent shape. I agree with you though, get used to it now. Sooner are later you will anyway. Always glad to see updated/upgraded equipment.

Ok you Greensboro guys tell me if this trl is new or a Heartland trl no# 531734..If someone let me know that would be great ! Its in Greensboro NC.