TForce | New Benifits

imported_buzzard

TB Lurker
Credits
1. 401k match now in Stock.

2. Healthcare now Suxs, Now an HMO 4 best payout 85%-70& for PPO Very restricted on who we can see and which hospitals we can go to.

3. no more 5 sick days...have to use outside insurer for benifits.

Question

1. Is this new Benifit Structure the same as other UPS Non-Union Companies?

2. If not did they just lower our benifits as a negotiating starting point with the Union?

Plz..someone give solid answers to question #1 b4 everyone Chimes in on question #2.

thx

Buz

buzzard said:

2. Healthcare now Suxs, Now an HMO 4 best payout 85%-70& for PPO Very restricted on who we can see and which hospitals we can go to.

Question

2. If not did they just lower our benifits as a negotiating starting point with the Union?

Plz..someone give solid answers to question #1 b4 everyone Chimes in on question #2.

thx

Buz

I have a friend you is a sup at UPS package. My plan is the same plan as his. He has helped me out alot with choosing what benefits to have. He has been in the plan since 1994.

Yes the match is in UPS stock .50 on the dollar but it is in your 401k account which you cant move around until later its just there you just cant do alot with it. They have age stipulations which dont remember off the top of my head.

buzzard said:

Question

thx

Buz
All UPS and UPSF employee's get the same 401K Match in stock as far as I know.

BusterNite said:
All UPS and UPSF employee's get the same 401K Match in stock as far as I know.
UPS small package union employees get no match and the managment group gets matched up to 3% and it is in stock....

I just got my 2007 Benefits enrollment in the mail and it went up dramatically.

My medical coverage went up $700 and the credits went up $100. Every thing else went up but not as much as the medical.

With caculating it out a couple of times it is more per pay period than I was paying before the Feb intergration. I was paying less with MC.

How much longer should we " wait and see"?

steve5 said:
I just got my 2007 Benefits enrollment in the mail and it went up dramatically.

My medical coverage went up $700 and the credits went up $100. Every thing else went up but not as much as the medical.

With caculating it out a couple of times it is more per pay period than I was paying before the Feb intergration. I was paying less with MC.

How much longer should we " wait and see"?
wait for what,,, get the cards and sign them,:thumbsup: turn them back in to the union hall get things started..don't set on your as* waiting for somthing to happen make it happen.:bananalama:

just-me said:
.don't set on your as* waiting for somthing to happen make it happen.

You might want to read some of my past posts before you say this to me. I've already signed, the "wait and see" was for those that have said wait and see.

Sometimes you have to "set on your as*" to clear your mind there, chief.

you hit the nail on the head.they just lower our benifits as a negotiating starting point with the Union? you can use onle one sick day per illness. you give 2 days (not paid) then 3rd day you get 1 pd sickday, 4th day short term kicks in. You have to contact the provider to get this started. dont hold your breath about the getting your money because it takes awhile. Employees have complained since some havent recieved their benifit until they came back to work by that time their insurance was canceled out since they have nit got their money.

If you don't have the short term health benefit you don't get paid for the 4th day,and anyother days after that?
Or they'll pay you,and you have to pay them back,when you return to work?

I'm so corn-fused?

I thought we were automaticly covered for the short term but had to pay for long term?

I'm thinking of looking into an outside insurance company,like Metro-life,for this coverage rather that trying to get it through UPS.

I also got my new 2007 benefit package in the mail today.
Anyone know a good lawyer,or accountant that can help me out with this paper work?

Gee Louise, they don't make it to simple for us gear jammers.

All we have to know to drive our truck is how to shift the gears,and aim it.

But we need a lawyer to figure out the paper work for us?

Whats wrong with this picture?

Apostolic said:
Anyone know a good lawyer,or accountant that can help me out with this paper work?

It's self explanatory, it also has a comparison of your pay period contributions of your current and if you keep it the same for the next year. It also shows you what your paying now per year in each category.

The only thing that I can't understand is why it went up so much. About $1000 more if you have kids on my plan.

steve5 said:
It's self explanatory, it also has a comparison of your pay period contributions of your current and if you keep it the same for the next year. It also shows you what your paying now per year in each category.

The only thing that I can't understand is why it went up so much. About $1000 more if you have kids on my plan.
Seems like they are pushing us to the IBT.

hugnlug said:
Seems like they are pushing us to the IBT.

Bring on the teamster's, bring them on, I am sitting with open arms, I will faint when it happens. Do you think they will protect me from hitting my head on the ground?

:bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama: :smillie_flag:

Apostolic said:
If you don't have the short term health benefit you don't get paid for the 4th day,and anyother days after that?
Or they'll pay you,and you have to pay them back,when you return to work?

I'm so corn-fused?

I thought we were automaticly covered for the short term but had to pay for long term?

I'm thinking of looking into an outside insurance company,like Metro-life,for this coverage rather that trying to get it through UPS.

Apo, Before you look into an outside Ins. company make sure your heart is in good shape. You will be shocked as to the cost of these term Ins. policy's. I have looked into it. With your profession (truck driver) being one of the most dangerous profession's in the Ins. company's eye's and then when they calculate your age, health and if a smoker. The monthly premiums are NOT affordable. I had to pass on it. Good luck.

steve5 said:

Steve,
Did you go from Option #3 to Option #2? And were your kids on your plan for 2006? I'm looking at mine with my wife and 2 kids on the calculator and mine staying at Op 2 with no extras only went up $7.90 a week, but my credits went up $483.00 from $9,288 to $9,771.

Thanks for your good advice BusterNite.
I thank God for the truckingboards once again.

Concerned posters that look out for all of our welfair.
I read your advice than trashed my foolish thinking of going outside our company for benefits.

You know I must admit,as much trouble as I had being in the Teamster back in the day.
It was nice not having to figure out our benefits.

It was just an automatic thing in place with the contract.
Zero contribution health care.

Nothing like having a no-brainer health plan at your finger tips.

Well I guess theres the good,and the bad in everything we have to deal with in this world.

You know my famous 20 year old question I always ask at our meetings which we aren't going to have anymore.

When the question time came at the end of these meetings.
I asked:How can all the union companies have so much more freight than us to haul,when they are paying out so much more than our company with their wages,and benefit package in the Teamsters union contract?

Usualy no answers,the last time it was one that didn't make much sence.

Sorry I'm getting off track with this thread.

I can ramble on at times,must be the old age thing?