Estes | New Bid Rules

Slick Rollin

TB Lurker
Credits
Spoke with a driver from the Marietta GA terminal and apparently the TM had him sign a paper regarding rule changes. Hub drivers can transfer into the Line Haul Category and there hub seniority will transfer. With this they will be able to bump Line Haul drivers in the next bid.... Has anyone else hears about these changes? Or is this another rumor like usual ?

haven't heard but the hub time should count toward linehaul time because they do the same thing we do. City drivers haven't been working out though. City and road time is fair imo

Spoke with a driver from the Marietta GA terminal and apparently the TM had him sign a paper regarding rule changes. Hub drivers can transfer into the Line Haul Category and there hub seniority will transfer. With this they will be able to bump Line Haul drivers in the next bid.... Has anyone else hears about these changes? Or is this another rumor like usual ?

This is not true in anyway... Are terminal just gave us a copy of the new guidelines for assigning runs

I love these guys who think hub time should count toward Linehaul time. First off they mostly likely chose that run nobody forced them to sign it and Estes doesn't have a contract with anyone....they act like it was a surprise or something. For all those hub drivers that think they do the same job I do BS you spend years on extraboard in the bunk rooms and away from your family (and yes I have been here long enough to remember the good old days where they doubled up in the bunkrooms and sometimes 4 in Richmond). But I didn't complain, I just did my job and waited for a bid. Another thing when they laid off guys back in 08' where were these guys to take place of some of the Linehaul drivers that went, we had hub and p&d guys with 6 months and laid off line guys with 5+ years.

I tired to down load the papers but the pages came out to small... Not used to this site and how to download a document to be viewed... I will look at it in the morning again to see if I can figure it out
Don't think copying and posting of company documents are allowed here. Just type what it says.

Looks like the only thing that has changed is the old Utility to Combo position if they work combo then go to another classification after 90 days in the new classification the time they had as a combo driver will count as time in the new classification.. But that only goes back to 07/01/2012 anytime before that date is lost time for them...It's really not much different then the old Utility classification rule... Everything else looks pretty much as it did in the past years

They also put the rules for the wish list they started a year or more ago...

I love these guys who think hub time should count toward Linehaul time. First off they mostly likely chose that run nobody forced them to sign it and Estes doesn't have a contract with anyone....they act like it was a surprise or something. For all those hub drivers that think they do the same job I do BS you spend years on extraboard in the bunk rooms and away from your family (and yes I have been here long enough to remember the good old days where they doubled up in the bunkrooms and sometimes 4 in Richmond). But I didn't complain, I just did my job and waited for a bid. Another thing when they laid off guys back in 08' where were these guys to take place of some of the Linehaul drivers that went, we had hub and p&d guys with 6 months and laid off line guys with 5+ years.

Exactly. I started in linehaul after a bunch of guys who started utility. They all cry now that I have more linehaul time than them. I stayed gone for a year while they were home every day. They knew what they were getting into when they started, and so did I.

They want to walk right into a cushy linehaul run and it ain't gonna work that way... Cry Baby Cry, that's what I say.. I paid my 14 years of dues.. I don't feel sorry for them at all...So f'em....

I saw a memo that clearly said that in an effort to get rid of the dead wood in linehaul, crying drivers with no company time and those pesky transfers, p&d drivers will get full credit of time to bid on runs .If you dont like it go to fedex or OD. Just sayin.

I saw a memo that clearly said that in an effort to get rid of the dead wood in linehaul, crying drivers with no company time and those pesky transfers, p&d drivers will get full credit of time to bid on runs .If you dont like it go to fedex or OD. Just sayin.

Point them my way... I'll take'em on.... If you leave and go to either one, it would be just like working here, so what's the difference...LOL

Hub Time should count toward Linehaul, they have changed so much the way they run things, and I have been saying for years it needs to change, Just not fair, I get it that you spent all that time on the road, so did I but because of all the changes I have ended up Utility when it didnt count, A Hub Driver, and now back to Linehaul where I started at 12 years ago, we have more HUB, then Linehaul now, when it was the other way around years ago.... I am looking for work elsewhere because it has effected me, my family all the changes this place has made, and the b.s. rules....sucks...

And the biggest problem with this place is everyone thinks of me and only me,,,, I think about the guys that got let go just because they were Linehaul, back when they had runs for life, and a guy lost his run he got put out on Extra Board, guys that were here for a long time, my fair way would be one board like every other LTL outfit out there, this place needs to change. If they ever made it two boards city and Linehaul, it so would be fair, guys that want Linehaul runs and extra board would take that, guys that want Hub runs would take that, and Team runs Could be filled by Road Drivers, Categories are B.S... WE ARE ALL DRIVERS,,,on the Road side of things...

And the biggest problem with this place is everyone thinks of me and only me,,,, I think about the guys that got let go just because they were Linehaul, back when they had runs for life, and a guy lost his run he got put out on Extra Board, guys that were here for a long time, my fair way would be one board like every other LTL outfit out there, this place needs to change. If they ever made it two boards city and Linehaul, it so would be fair, guys that want Linehaul runs and extra board would take that, guys that want Hub runs would take that, and Team runs Could be filled by Road Drivers, Categories are B.S... WE ARE ALL DRIVERS,,,on the Road side of things...

You ever see how a MASH unit works.. We get patched up and sent out again... Nothing is "fair" in this business anymore..... There are no Ruby slippers...

Last edited by a moderator:
flyingby always complains about driver class. i wish he would look somewere else. the grass isnt always greener. he must be a democrat always trying to change things for his benefit and not for most of us who knew the rules when we took the job.