FedEx Freight | New Bid System

Funny how the only people who want one board are the fellers who humped freight for decades. We have 3 at my barn who bring it up every time a big wig comes to our barn. Funny thing is, they could of went to the road 10 years ago when we got our day runs, and got one of the lower day runs. When asked why they didn’t, the response is,” well I wasn’t sure we would keep them so I didn’t want to chance it.” Don’t want to take any of the risk but want all the reward.

I hear that too. I plan on going road first chance I get. Back to the bottom I go. I don't think it will take that long because the top city guys will have no interest in the spot.

Funny how the only people who want one board are the fellers who humped freight for decades. We have 3 at my barn who bring it up every time a big wig comes to our barn. Funny thing is, they could of went to the road 10 years ago when we got our day runs, and got one of the lower day runs. When asked why they didn’t, the response is,” well I wasn’t sure we would keep them so I didn’t want to chance it.” Don’t want to take any of the risk but want all the reward.
Funny how some people talk ::shit::.
I'll get back to you (this latter)

Then just tell em don’t ever bitch no more about what they doin. I hate when people do that and don’t never make no changes.

We run one list with lifetime bids... no rebiddin every 6 months... so ya gotta do yer research. Don’t like ya signed up for? No prob, your a floater now til the next one opens up.

So ya there’s definitely a good bit of risk there.

I'm a former city driver who went to the road. I would love to be able to go back to the city without dropping to the bottom of the board. Road pays better but the job is boring and the hours are either nights or outrageously long for the day runs we have. The city, to me was a more enjoyable job and had better hours, for the most part. The issue in city was the pay was inconsistent, one week it's all the OT you want and bringing home a check that compatible with the road; then the next thing you know they are on the no OT kick and your pay goes to ::shit::. The road, once you have a bid spot is very consistent and the checks are like working 55 hours or more in the city, which is about the time I spend working on nights. I would love to go back to the city once i pay off some stuff, it's the only way I'll get to see a decent day shift in regards to hours.

I'm a former city driver who went to the road. I would love to be able to go back to the city without dropping to the bottom of the board. Road pays better but the job is boring and the hours are either nights or outrageously long for the day runs we have. The city, to me was a more enjoyable job and had better hours, for the most part. The issue in city was the pay was inconsistent, one week it's all the OT you want and bringing home a check that compatible with the road; then the next thing you know they are on the no OT kick and your pay goes to :::shit:::. The road, once you have a bid spot is very consistent and the checks are like working 55 hours or more in the city, which is about the time I spend working on nights. I would love to go back to the city once i pay off some stuff, it's the only way I'll get to see a decent day shift in regards to hours.
Yep low quality of life on line

As a P&D driver that has been on a 1 board system since I started ( Con-way/ XPO ) I have to say drivers don't hop back and forth from city to linehaul very much.

Over 2 decades maybe 4 or 5 drivers. Always linehaul drivers going to city. They never stay in the city ( usually due to more busy work on P&D with less money and more hassle from management in the city )

As a P&D driver that has been on a 1 board system since I started ( Con-way/ XPO ) I have to say drivers don't hop back and forth from city to linehaul very much.

Over 2 decades maybe 4 or 5 drivers. Always linehaul drivers going to city. They never stay in the city ( usually due to more busy work on P&D with less money and more hassle from management in the city )
I come off linehaul once a good long distance peddle run freed up. Got tired of nights.

I plan on doin what Fedex drivers hate. :438:

On a different run now.... prolly gonna run it for maybe another 15-16 years or so God willin... Then I’m jumpin on the next daytime linehaul that appears. :17142:

These companies sure dont appreciate the night shift once in a while if they had any humanity the could say " your lookin a little burned out driver take a few nights off if you need to "

I’m sure it’s different at hubs but I’m out of a small 26 door service center and I’ve never had an issue taking time off. We don’t even fill out paperwork. Just put our name on the calendar or text day before.

I’m sure it’s different at hubs but I’m out of a small 26 door service center and I’ve never had an issue taking time off. We don’t even fill out paperwork. Just put our name on the calendar or text day before.
Depends on your leadership. I’m from 24 door center last manager would let 3 or 4 people off a night. And was pretty flexible and would try to help u out. That manager moved up to a bigger center. New manager won’t let anybody off. Every request sheet u turn is returned denied, saying “day is full”, doesn’t matter if there is only one person on the calendar. Manager gets mad when people call in sick, cuz it it is the only way to get a day off. Manager brought in HR guy to go over attendance policy to try to get people to stop calling in. Oh we have 2 or 3 bottom guys sitting at home tonight. Manager says central makes him keep those guys on stand by in case something changes.

That was a good thing about PIE, extra or bid drivers could take off a day about anytime if they were not backed up with freight.
This was Charl, not saying about all terminals.

I know guys that haul fuel local for a living. (Paw Creek) All they have to say is they aren't "fit for duty" and they can take the day off with no penalty. They can even do it the morning of standing in front of dispatch and there's no penalty. It's basically no forced dispatch.

Depends on your leadership. I’m from 24 door center last manager would let 3 or 4 people off a night. And was pretty flexible and would try to help u out. That manager moved up to a bigger center. New manager won’t let anybody off. Every request sheet u turn is returned denied, saying “day is full”, doesn’t matter if there is only one person on the calendar. Manager gets mad when people call in sick, cuz it it is the only way to get a day off. Manager brought in HR guy to go over attendance policy to try to get people to stop calling in. Oh we have 2 or 3 bottom guys sitting at home tonight. Manager says central makes him keep those guys on stand by in case something changes.

That sucks! Hopefully you current manager moves up or out soon.

I ask off when I need off. Getting denied a day off is a guaranteed call in from me.

I know guys that haul fuel local for a living. (Paw Creek) All they have to say is they aren't "fit for duty" and they can take the day off with no penalty. They can even do it the morning of standing in front of dispatch and there's no penalty. It's basically no forced dispatch.

If freight was heavy, they expected you to go by the contract, they also honored contract.
3 layovers or 6 turns= 24 off, 6 layovers, 12 turns=48 off, 9 layovers,etc 72 off.
If they were not heavy, just ask off, they always paid H&W.