Estes | New bids?????

Barstow

TB Lurker
Credits
What's the deal with estes west? Does anyone know anything about new bids in July?That's what I've heard. I've also heard that they were going to add new runs and bid in July and rebid in October for lifetime...But like always it's just a rumor or a lie? I guess we will have to wait and see for now...

I have heard the same thing. Also bids in july will be lifetime. So I do not know. Estes will not tell us anything about it.
What ever happend to the survey about bids. everyone I talk to says they voted annually. A very few say they voted lifetime, anyone know anything about that?

As far as I know ALL bids at Estes are lifetime.
Thats how it works in the east so I would ASSume that thats what the deal will be in the west.

roadpig, estes west voted to have annual bids last year. So we bid every September for first Monday in October start. Out west we did not want lifetime bids. This caused alot of problems and estes let us vote on it. Then they decided we should vote on it again after we voted for annual, and it was actually worded as a survey. We have heard numorous rumors as to how the vote went. We are only able to spread what we hear. It would be nice if estes let us know how it went, and did away with all the rumors.

I heard today that there will not be bids in west until September. And they are not going to be lifetime.
Anyone hear the same?

I heard yesterday that the bids are only going to be in certain terminals, and will be out now in August. Why have management put this stuff out? Why post bids in august when we already post them in September?

what did they "put out"?

some letter saying what they are going to do? or you constantly calling them, looking like a school girl trying to get answers for questions that the teenage girl on the phone has no clue or doesnt give a damn about?

I heard yesterday that the bids are only going to be in certain terminals, and will be out now in August. Why have management put this stuff out? Why post bids in august when we already post them in September?
Bids what bids they keep cutting everyone's runs with no regards to senority. Let us know if you do what happened in Reno. That must of affected you guys in Idaho, Salt lake, Vegas.

The way i see it is they will change the West linehaul board to idle what goes on from the East. They want it the same. A few bids then a bunch of greenboard and extra board drivers. They don't like bids and they don't what to bis or add runs. They say so but you see the reality and the picture looks bad. No freight less bids more xtra drivers to run everywhere when needed. Give us a better understanding of whats going on in the NorthWest cuz it looks bad

Bids what bids they keep cutting everyone's runs with no regards to senority. Let us know if you do what happened in Reno. That must of affected you guys in Idaho, Salt lake, Vegas.

The way i see it is they will change the West linehaul board to idle what goes on from the East. They want it the same. A few bids then a bunch of greenboard and extra board drivers. They don't like bids and they don't what to bis or add runs. They say so but you see the reality and the picture looks bad. No freight less bids more xtra drivers to run everywhere when needed. Give us a better understanding of whats going on in the NorthWest cuz it looks bad

As far as I know they have not lost as many bids as we have. I will talk to my Reno swap driver on Monday, and reply with what he says. I do know the last run they cut was a triples line run and they still are rolling teams and CONTRACT with doubles thru there. Third box = alot of profit.

I guess it's potato picking time. Where did those good old boys from Idaho go:hide: :hide: :holysheep: :redneck:

Reno only cancelled one run recently. They have been cutting runs alot though. I guess teams are more important than all other drivers.