XPO | New cameras

My last 4 years @ 050 Indy ABF city board I used a DOD 430 dash cam. Every day I go in a tractor so did the DOD. It saved my but 1 time on a he said she said the camera said. Been retire 6 years & the DOD 430 & 460 in the wife's car helped in a very minor accident. When the Other cars insurance company called me he claimed I was @ fault. When I told him the claim adjuster from MY insurance company had a copy from the dash cam proving not my fault he went silent. When I explained what happened & offered to e mail him a copy of the camera he changed course. 10 minutes later he said he would not be bothering me again. A camera pointing @ my face. I would take a yard or dock bid. Pointing forward like mine did, not an issue. von.

My last 4 years @ 050 Indy ABF city board I used a DOD 430 dash cam. Every day I go in a tractor so did the DOD. It saved my but 1 time on a he said she said the camera said. Been retire 6 years & the DOD 430 & 460 in the wife's car helped in a very minor accident. When the Other cars insurance company called me he claimed I was @ fault. When I told him the claim adjuster from MY insurance company had a copy from the dash cam proving not my fault he went silent. When I explained what happened & offered to e mail him a copy of the camera he changed course. 10 minutes later he said he would not be bothering me again. A camera pointing @ my face. I would take a yard or dock bid. Pointing forward like mine did, not an issue. von.
Pointing forward camera is enough. Inward facing cameras will eventually get even the best of drivers.

These new cameras are what “Voyeurism” is all about. Look it up! They are nothing short of 24/7 surveillance even on your break in the truck. Itch your balls, scratch your a??, pick your nose, yep, talk dirty and sexy to your significant other on that handsfree device. Slander your employer. They can hear and see EVERYTHING recorded. Even if they are telling us that some functions are not activated. They can go back to any day, hour and minute to watch you being you. A human being , not a robot. The question is do you trust their word? A camera with no recording indicator lights speaks volumes about the companies’ surveillance attitude. Voyeurism! Food for thought as they struggle to find and keep drivers.
I know a FOS who refuses to look at them. He say's it's to creepy.

The drivers are in the driver seat. If, and it is a big if every driver covered the lens facing the driver EVERY day they drove, the company would have to change how they operate the camera. But, who wants to be first is line to come home with no income. Union or not. All 13 drivers with a 0800 strat time for their daily P & D runs refuse to drive if the lens isn't covered, would get you what. Rewards come with risk. My last 5 years they had cameras on the docks. Not an issue with me. Step in to a trailer or out of site. You now where the camera can't see. In a tractor, not so much. von.