XPO | New cameras

We had a meeting about the new cameras and ELD today. Supposedly the outward facing camera takes a picture every 5 minutes and uploads it so someone somewhere can see whats going on around you.. like going through bad weather. They say the pictures are non coach able. Also there will be no light on the camera but when it goes off there will be an alert that says an event has been recorded.

We had a meeting about the new cameras and ELD today. Supposedly the outward facing camera takes a picture every 5 minutes and uploads it so someone somewhere can see whats going on around you.. like going through bad weather. They say the pictures are non coach able. Also there will be no light on the camera but when it goes off there will be an alert that says an event has been recorded.

Man, that just sounds fantastic. ( sarcasm )

Has no one else heard about the new overspeed policy that came with the new cameras? Six mph over the posted speed limit is now considered a over speed. Maybe it was exclusive for me?
Haven't had the meeting yet, but I'll sure be asking

Why ask ? What are you going to do about it if you don’t like it ?
I guess the same thing you did when you were told that company paid healthcare and the pension plan were no more.......BTW how that metro pay working out for you?

I explained in another post . No leverage is more like it . It was done to promote a decert vote .It didn’t work . Our guys prefer the limited drive cam disapline.
Lets me see...Don't speed, tailgate, or be on your phone or HH and when and if the cam goes off you have nothing to worry about. Funny how thats works