New Career At Sysco maine?

17.50 is really good money up here in maine i was lucky to get what i got from my propane company i gey 11.00 an hour and thats with prior exp imagine someone that is just starting out

Come to OK, we can't buy drivers, no one wants to do this kind of work anymore.

Or KC. If you can walk in the door and pass a drug screen they'll hire you w/$5K bonus, a good portion of which is payable after 30 days. No one's walking in the door though, and those that do are walking right back out in their first couple of weeks.

Or KC. If you can walk in the door and pass a drug screen they'll hire you w/$5K bonus, a good portion of which is payable after 30 days. No one's walking in the door though, and those that do are walking right back out in their first couple of weeks.

Our problem is that because of the contract, we have to start a guy at 17.51 an hour, or it may by higher after this year but all the others are paying more, after 3 yrs ya top out and then its good money, they were starting guys out at top pay, then they took that away from those guys and we lost 2 good men right off the bat, I will never understand their thinking, west of Hwy 99 its local 886 and if you have doubles and triples after 120 days you go to top wage, we weren't smart enough to negotiate that in, but up until now we haven't had real trouble hiring guys, its just that all the other food companies are paying more to start. Sysco isn't what it once was, so we need to change our way of thinking to get guys through the door. Until we do, we will struggle to find good men.

See up here its different openings are few and far between for these conpanies due to the kind of money you can make 5 years ago 11.00 an hour was a good wage now forget it i need to get at least 15.00 an hour to cover expenses now its all jacked up my taxes keep going up my check keeps getting smaller so.come tuesday im bringing everything i got to get in the door

See up here its different openings are few and far between for these conpanies due to the kind of money you can make 5 years ago 11.00 an hour was a good wage now forget it i need to get at least 15.00 an hour to cover expenses now its all jacked up my taxes keep going up my check keeps getting smaller so.come tuesday im bringing everything i got to get in the door

Well, I will have you in my thoughts Tuesday, you can do it just be positive and stress to them how important customer service is to you! Serving the customer well is paramount here, without our customers we are nothing!

You can do it!

Will do the one thing i dont like about the road testing is you dont know what your driving or where no time to learn how the truck behaves or anything like that

We have no problems whatsoever with employee retention, as we are working so much, no one has the time to look for another job.

My last stint with Werner had me working six days, pick up the truck in in east st louis drive to roxana, il or downtown st louis, then to kansas city, mo to drop the trailer, pick up and empty, sweep it out, drive it to kansas city ks, drop it, pick up a full one and drive it back to roxana il, then take the truck back to the drop yard in east st. louis. I could be done in about twelve hours, but so many times your trailer wasn't loaded and you'd have to wait an hour or two, and barely make it back in time to not be in violation. Sure, 70 hours were logged, but If I'm in their daycab waiting, I still figure I'm working, so I was really working eighty plus hours per week, and in all fairness, anything above 40 should be time and a half, so I should be paid for 100 hours, right? 40 hours at time and a half is 60 plus the original 40, would be 100. about $766.00 per week is what they pay. $766 was a bit more than I was making at my previous job, $500 per week, but for only 40 hours. So I went from making $12.50 an hour to $7.66 an hour in my first year of driving. Werner allows a 30 day leave of absence for any reason, I took it and never went back. You can do worse than $11.00 per hour, believe me, but let's hope and pray you can do better soon my friend.

Your right i could be worse off. Drove for prime inc same deal running 70 hours and paid .46 cpm which i got about 2300 miles not bad but when i hung it up i decided im going local and what a decent paying gig now i know these things take time as for my pay rate its irrelevant there are.worse things but you cant hang me for trying to better myself and to give my family a better more comfortable life.

So today the bad luck fairy paid me a visit on my way down to the interview my fuel line let go had to have my car towed and have to rechedule interview

I called a couple times left messages i did speak to the person conducting the interview he said it was ok it happens and to call him back to reschedule hoping he will call me back today

So still nothing back on reschedule of my interview i recieved an email to verify my employment im going to call again tomorrow

Well shucks, I got my first dip sheet, pay attention poisonarmy, I worked 5 days, all at 100%, I did good huh? I made 1200 and change on dip, 1450.00 by the hour, lets see....what shall I do from hence on out? LOL!!