New century implementing new pay system

I guess they could pay like YRC and the company can go bankrupt.... Everyone thinks the grass is greener. Wake up and realize if you work hard the money will come. Harrry pays his drivers extremely fair and is good to them if they work. I sit here and talk to drivers all day and they all hate where they work and the money they are making. ***** ***** ***** ***** *****.... If you put your time and do the job the money will be there like anywhere.

I guess they could pay like YRC and the company can go bankrupt.... Everyone thinks the grass is greener. Wake up and realize if you work hard the money will come. Harrry pays his drivers extremely fair and is good to them if they work. I sit here and talk to drivers all day and they all hate where they work and the money they are making. ***** ***** ***** ***** *****.... If you put your time and do the job the money will be there like anywhere.

:wtflol::butt kiss:

harry needs more brainwashed guys like you

What's your point skullduggery. You don't work here and seem to be still hung up about Jevic's closure. I worked there for almost 10 years as well. It is over. Get on with your life.

Well I guess if you worked for jevic till the end, you can see nct is going under,how can they compete with the RandLs,coways of the world? Get your paycut and 401 back yet? , is a raise in the future? Take my advice and look for another job .. Because its only a matter of time.

I have been watching New Century grow and expand ever since Harry started the company in 2000. I actually applied there back in 2001 but was told they had a waiting list 300 drivers deep at that time and were waiting for new trucks to be delivered. Of course I could not wait around for months waiting for them to get more equipment so I moved on. It is surprising to me that they have been offering sign on bonuses lately (for teams) and then read threads like this 1 speaking of gloom and doom. Whats a fella to believe? The benefits and payscale offered are still the highest non union compensation package I have seen to date.

it's like any other trucking company, that type of work may not suit everbody! some people come for the truckload and end up with the ltl, and visa-versa

NCT is just like any other company, sometimes great sometimes they drive you up the wall. If you want to make good money you have to work hard. Depending on where you live you have to stay out for a long time. Every once in a while you still hear talk about new trucks. I have seen 4. I am running team with my husband and we have seen as little as 4000 miles to as much as 8000 miles in one week. On an average I would say a team makes about $130 to $150 thousand a year. I have also heard that they had new hires in orientation. By the end of orientation they were sent back home and never hired. If you have a good job now keep it.

I have a good job now but the insurance sucks. We used to have Blue Cross/Blue Shield but then some bean counter in corporate decided they could get a better deal going with United Healthcare. My wife and I have had more trouble from this insurance company in the past year than we had in 6 years with Blue cross/Blue Shield. Yeah we only pay like 50.00 bucks a week for the insurance but sheesh United Healthcare balks at paying for certain prescriptions and has denied 2 claims from our local doctor (who we have had for 12 years) for simple office visits.

What is New Century offering as far as Medical Insurance and what is the copay, Rx levels, etc. If they are better than what I have here at Eastern I may just apply over there.

Thinks at Eastern are being changed and I for one do not like the changes in personnel or policies.

payroll system

Its not a bad job , I've had better , I've had worse....its the payroll system that needs to change, we need to get payed off the computer not when you can get back to westampton to pass in your manifest.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/board.asp?privcapId=6529043"]http://http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/board.asp?privcapId=6529043[/URL] A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THEIR HANDS IN THE PIE NOW ! I WOULD LOVE TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL IN THE BOARDROOM AFTER THE NEXT EARNING REPORT COMES OUT

Before you apply ask about the new and improved home time. We now get 10 weeks a year of. You have to stay out a minimum of 4weeks then 1 week of. If you are entitled to 2 weeks vacation, 2 out of your 10 weeks will be called vacation. You can not be off for more than 1 week at a time.

Still no word on new trucks. The break-downs are adding up. You sit you don't make money. We are looking for another job.

This company is top heavy. All the guys at the top are just looking for another payday. This was never a company for the people or the real workers. The education level at the top is also very suspect. Not a lot of brains here at NCT. Stay far away!

I have been watching New Century grow and expand ever since Harry started the company in 2000. I actually applied there back in 2001 but was told they had a waiting list 300 drivers deep at that time and were waiting for new trucks to be delivered. Of course I could not wait around for months waiting for them to get more equipment so I moved on. It is surprising to me that they have been offering sign on bonuses lately (for teams) and then read threads like this 1 speaking of gloom and doom. Whats a fella to believe? The benefits and payscale offered are still the highest non union compensation package I have seen to date.

I was told you guys pay over a hundred a week for medical and dental thats robery!