ODFL | New CEO

"The major swings in stock price have easily wiped out $1.6 billion in debt many times over!"

Okay I will grant you this is a possibility. With this in mind what would make the stock price go up --any business-- 1) a buy out or sale of the company 2) a very good earning report 3) a very believable rumor of either of 1 or 2 . Please add anything I missed. Understand I am not playing games . dead serious question.
Stock price of any company only depends on what investors are willing to pay for shares.

Stock price of any company only depends on what investors are willing to pay for shares.
Agreed , But the overall desire of investors is to receive dividends from their stock ownership or expecting the price to rise above what they paid to flip it thus making more money than they started with.

But , with the post above the comment was made that a possible stock swing could cover the 1.6B debt Yellow owes. This is a possibility if Yellow owned their own shares and the price were to skyrocket. I do not see either of those are true.