ODFL | New CEO

I guess you missed my point.

Nobody here at my terminal getting 100k.
Top pay 34.20 at 40hrs that's like 70k a year.

Even if someone makes 100k, that's about 1% of CEOs pay. So yeah, that's peanuts.
Some folks choose to get a degree, then get a masters, then get a doctorate and then enter the financial world and work their way up. Others chose to be truck drivers like you & me! I struggle with those who can’t look in the mirror and take responsibility for their own decisions. The CEO deserves more than you because he invested more than you.

Some folks choose to get a degree, then get a masters, then get a doctorate and then enter the financial world and work their way up. Others chose to be truck drivers like you & me! I struggle with those who can’t look in the mirror and take responsibility for their own decisions. The CEO deserves more than you because he invested more than you.
I don't believe the point is the CEO getting more than the driver, I think the point is how much more is right...is it ten times, thirty times, five hundred times? Who knows? I would love to know how many CEOs have doctorates....I'm betting few and far between....most CEOs are handpicked by the board and usually it is someone they know....the good old boys club...you never hear them advertising to get the best person, because they really aren't interested in that, only interested in helping the old college frat brother....

I don't believe the point is the CEO getting more than the driver, I think the point is how much more is right...is it ten times, thirty times, five hundred times? Who knows? I would love to know how many CEOs have doctorates....I'm betting few and far between....most CEOs are handpicked by the board and usually it is someone they know....the good old boys club...you never hear them advertising to get the best person, because they really aren't interested in that, only interested in helping the old college frat brother....
Are singers, actors, football and basketball players, someone who reads the news on TV "worth" what they are paid? Who determines what someone is worth anymore, it's all out of wack in my opinion.

In this case ,and in the past the CEO if not named Congdon has been found in-house, of course that's only happened twice now. OD hasn't seemed terribly interested in bringing hired guns in at the executive level.

In this case ,and in the past the CEO if not named Congdon has been found in-house, of course that's only happened twice now. OD hasn't seemed terribly interested in bringing hired guns in at the executive level.
Exactly,Believe Greg came from a truckload company..Don’t remember the name.It was Super Something..

I guess you missed my point.

Nobody here at my terminal getting 100k.
Top pay 34.20 at 40hrs that's like 70k a year.

Even if someone makes 100k, that's about 1% of CEOs pay. So yeah, that's peanuts.
Hey Oddriverr, I owe you an apology. I did not mean for the last line of my message to be aimed directly at you (but it sure looked that way after I looked at it). I meant to speak generally of all of us truck drivers, not just you, sorry. I should have reread it before sending.

Some will never understand.Just let me work my 60 hours and leave it alone.Nope,It needed to be changed years ago.Sad that a Company uses a labor law exemption from 1935 to operate and get over on there employees.Sorry,I took my pay cut and definitely enjoy my 40 hour weeks now..
Exactly. The terminal I worked out of made the same kind of change. The city runs were manipulated so that they either had short runs on Friday or didn’t even work on Friday or some other day during the week.
It didn’t affect myself or anyone else on line. I always chose the high mile runs or multiple drop and hook shuttle runs.