ODFL | New CEO

Oddriverrr

TB Lurker
Credits
New CEO coming up July 1st. Marty Freeman. Who is this guy? Is he our savior? Is Over Time after 8 daily gonna be a reality?

Stock is up 10% today. We beat EPS but missed revenue by pennies. Feels good to have few of the ODFL in my 401k

New CEO coming up July 1st. Marty Freeman. Who is this guy? Is he our savior? Is Over Time after 8 daily gonna be a reality?

Stock is up 10% today. We beat EPS but missed revenue by pennies. Feels good to have few of the ODFL in my 401k

Nothing going to change.Marty is getting close to retirement himself..Just holding down the fort till he gets that extra million for his retirement.lol

I guess you missed my point.

Nobody here at my terminal getting 100k.
Top pay 34.20 at 40hrs that's like 70k a year.

Even if someone makes 100k, that's about 1% of CEOs pay. So yeah, that's peanuts.
Not even your line driver’s? Crude, majority of us if not all of us on line made well over 100k. I don’t know much about the short turns but the high mileage turns were very profitable.

Not even your line driver’s? Crude, majority of us if not all of us on line made well over 100k. I don’t know much about the short turns but the high mileage turns were very profitable.
I'm sorry I should of say nobody except linehaul drivers. Yes they make good money here. They deserve it. I still think we all work for peanuts. Can't find my recent investor book. I'll just paste what I googled so here ya go:

"As President and Chief Executive Officer at OLD DOMINION FREIGHT, Greg C. Gantt made $10,531,053 in total compensation. Of this total $774,023 was received as a salary, $7,744,570 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $1,975,247 was awarded as stock and $37,213 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2021 fiscal year."

I don't think think you'll find Mr. Gantt's compensation out of line compared to CEO's of other similarly sized organizations. If anything, it might be a bit lower.. I'm not saying it's fair, or even deserved, or not. His salary is based on metrics such as stock performance etc.. But that's what American capitalism has become and we've as a country allowed it to happen. I've met Greg a couple of occasions in the time I worked here,even chatted over a cup of coffee when he visited my barn, he listened to what I said and was very personable, few other companies would that have happened. I wish him a happy and healthy retirement.

I don't think think you'll find Mr. Gantt's compensation out of line compared to CEO's of other similarly sized organizations. If anything, it might be a bit lower.. I'm not saying it's fair, or even deserved, or not. His salary is based on metrics such as stock performance etc.. But that's what American capitalism has become and we've as a country allowed it to happen. I've met Greg a couple of times in the time I worked here,even chatted over a cup of coffee when he visited my barn, he listened to what I said and was very personable, few other companies would that have happened. I wish him a happy and healthy retirement.
I agree with you. I have nothing against him, i never met him. I am happy for him because he is set for his life with this kind of money.

My only issue is OD spends so much money on CEO and boards... I understand it all about stock price, but it is all connected.

Every dollar they save on Overtime or on linehaul breakdowns (what is that like $12 after 2hrs?)" It goes to share buyback or CEOs bonus.

I mean, if our OR is 70%... Where is OUR bonus? Safety bonus? It's a joke. A bumper costs more than a safety bonus pays out for 5 years.

Soon we might be #1 LTL carrier in USA. Do you really feel like working for the best LTL carrier? Because I am sure. I don't.

I agree with you. I have nothing against him, i never met him. I am happy for him because he is set for his life with this kind of money.

My only issue is OD spends so much money on CEO and boards... I understand it all about stock price, but it is all connected.

Every dollar they save on Overtime or on linehaul breakdowns (what is that like $12 after 2hrs?)" It goes to share buyback or CEOs bonus.

I mean, if our OR is 70%... Where is OUR bonus? Safety bonus? It's a joke. A bumper costs more than a safety bonus pays out for 5 years.

Soon we might be #1 LTL carrier in USA. Do you really feel like working for the best LTL carrier? Because I am sure. I don't.
I don’t understand. You say this and that. If you don’t want to work for OD, there’s a place in Scranton that is hiring. Big Bubba Trucking, then you’ll see how reality will slap you in the face.
I’m retired, enjoying my life being able to be with my wife. I’m very comfortable in how I stewarded my 401k and IRA’s. Did I agree with everything, no. But I stayed with it and worked the system that worked for me. I have no issues with OD. Everyone has a choice to stay or leave.

I don’t understand. You say this and that. If you don’t want to work for OD, there’s a place in Scranton that is hiring. Big Bubba Trucking, then you’ll see how reality will slap you in the face.
I’m retired, enjoying my life being able to be with my wife. I’m very comfortable in how I stewarded my 401k and IRA’s. Did I agree with everything, no. But I stayed with it and worked the system that worked for me. I have no issues with OD. Everyone has a choice to stay or leave.
Big Bubba Trucking is laying off. Their not taking applications right now