Central Transport | New closings...

dockworker3672

TB Lurker
Credits
Not sure if it is true, but it looks like a couple more closings have happened. I do not see anymore freight heading to FLT, it is being routed elsewhere. SXC just recently closed this past week or two. Getting worse !!

FLT would be Flint, Michigan and SXC would be Sioux City, Iowa. Rumor has it that they may possibly make Omaha a hub. I hope not, because things are already a mess, and they cannot get things operating correctly now.

You got that right...I only noticed those closings because the office routed the bills to a different location, and I went in and asked about it. That is how I found out about the rest as well. Not because anyone told us, or gave us a notice that the freight would be routed elsewhere.

dockworker3672 flt has been closed since mid 2008 due to merger of pjax, PJAX has a terminal in saginaw,mi which is very close to flt so they decided to close vitrans' flt terminal and send every one to saginaw,MI. As far as SXC every terminal reroutes SXC freight to the nearest hub which would be des,msp and tom. sometimes they even send it to rki or oma just to get it as close as possible so a sxc linehaul driver can pickup the freight.

We have always sent the sxc freight to des moines, which didn't make sense being it is straight north on the way to Sioux Falls. They could have easily thrown the sxc freight on the tail of sioux falls, and have a driver take it straight up and pick anything going south up, and bring it back. But instead they ship it all over the place. As far as, Flt goes, we (dock guys) have quit seeing bills routed there within the last month, maybe two. Maybe they just didn't tell our office. Not sure.

We have always sent the sxc freight to des moines, which didn't make sense being it is straight north on the way to Sioux Falls. They could have easily thrown the sxc freight on the tail of sioux falls, and have a driver take it straight up and pick anything going south up, and bring it back. But instead they ship it all over the place. As far as, Flt goes, we (dock guys) have quit seeing bills routed there within the last month, maybe two. Maybe they just didn't tell our office. Not sure.

they just must not of told you . . flint is super close to saginaw . vitran moved from flint into pjax's saginaw terminal about 2-3 months ago .

From what I have heard, effective today the Sioux City terminal is closed and most of he area serviced will be moved back the Sioux Fall, SD terminal. Seems like things are really starting to go down hill fast for Vitran.