Estes | New Company rules?

mad trucker

Road Driver
Credits
Dear employee: :hysterical:
As a result of the reduction of money budgeted for all department areas, we are forced to cut down on our number of personnel. Under this plan, older employees will be asked to take early retirement, thus permitting the retention of younger people who represent our future

Therefore, a program to phase out older personnel by the end of the next fiscal year, via retirement, will be placed into effect immediately.

This program will be known as S.L.A.P. (Severance of Late-Aged Personnel).

Employees who are SLAPPED will be given the opportunity to look for jobs outside the company.

SLAPPED employees can request a review of their employment records before actual retirement takes place. This review phase of the program will be called S.C.R.E.W. (Survey of Capabilities of Retired Elderly Workers).

All employees who have been SLAPPED and SCREWED may file an appeal with upper management.

This appeal is called S.H.A.F.T. (Study by Higher Authority Following Termination).

Under the terms of the new policy, an employee may be SLAPPED once, SCREWED twice, but may be SHAFTED as many times as the company deems appropriate.

If an employee follows the above procedure, he/she will be entitled to get: HE.R.P.E.S. (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel's Early Severance) or CLAP (Combined Lump sum Assistance Payment).

As H.E.R.P.E.S. and C.L.A.P. are considered benefit plans, any employee who has received H.E.R.P.E.S . or C.L.A.P. will no longer be SLAPPED or SCREWED by the company.

Management wishes to assure the younger employees who remain on board that the company will continue its policy of training employees through our: Special High Intensity Training ( S.H.I.T.).:hide:

We take pride in the amount of S.H.I.T. our employees receive. We have given our employees more S.H.I.T. than any company in this area. If any employee feels they do not receive enough S.H.I.T. on the job, see your immediate supervisor. Your supervisor is specially trained to make sure you receive all the S.H.IT. you can stand.

And, once again, thanks for all your years of loyal service with us!

The Management

As a result of the reduction of money budgeted for all department areas, we are forced to cut down on our number of personnel. Under this plan, older employees will be asked to take early retirement, thus permitting the retention of younger people who represent our future

Therefore, a program to phase out older personnel by the end of the next fiscal year, via retirement, will be placed into effect immediately.

Employees who are SLAPPED will be given the opportunity to look for jobs outside the company.

SLAPPED employees can request a review of their employment records before actual retirement takes place. This review phase of the program will be called S.C.R.E.W. (Survey of Capabilities of Retired Elderly Workers).

All employees who have been SLAPPED and SCREWED may file an appeal with upper management.

This appeal is called S.H.A.F.T. (Study by Higher Authority Following Termination).

Under the terms of the new policy, an employee may be SLAPPED once, SCREWED twice, but may be SHAFTED as many times as the company deems appropriate.

If an employee follows the above procedure, he/she will be entitled to get: HE.R.P.E.S. (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel's Early Severance) or CLAP (Combined Lump sum Assistance Payment).

As H.E.R.P.E.S. and C.L.A.P. are considered benefit plans, any employee who has received H.E.R.P.E.S . or C.L.A.P. will no longer be SLAPPED or SCREWED by the company.

Management wishes to assure the younger employees who remain on board that the company will continue its policy of training employees through our: Special High Intensity Training ( S.H.I.T.).:hide:

We take pride in the amount of S.H.I.T. our employees receive. We have given our employees more S.H.I.T. than any company in this area. If any employee feels they do not receive enough S.H.I.T. on the job, see your immediate supervisor. Your supervisor is specially trained to make sure you receive all the S.H.IT. you can stand.

The Management

:hysterical: Sounds just like something straight from Richmond, except where's the... This policy is subject to change at anytime without notice and is also up to managements discretion.

The Management

Bet it took rob, Jr and wayne a year to come up with that

I got one for ya.. how about the new call off policy due to inclimate weather. Was originally changed sometime early Nov.. i can't remember the exact date.. but just given to us here @ 024 last week to sign. So now if you call off due to snow or any sort of weather.. you must call off 2 hours ahead of your start time, then call back every 2 hours all update them on the conditions of the roads near your house. if you finally choose to not come to work, you will have a personal day taken from you. This might also include a vacation day, instead of a personal day. I can't remember.. I'll have to find the paper. Something about this new policy sound fishy to anyone? Anyone else have this handed out in your terminal yet? Also had a question about another thing they posted up as a rule @ our terminal... no recording devices allowed on the property.. whats that all about? Anyone else see this posted up at their terminal?

Sounds like my job, where the only reasonable excuse for calling off is death....preferably your own. I usually give them a standard excuse such as anal glaucoma. When they ask me what that is, I tell them, "I can't see my a$$ coming into work today".

I got one for ya.. how about the new call off policy due to inclimate weather. Was originally changed sometime early Nov.. i can't remember the exact date.. but just given to us here @ 024 last week to sign. So now if you call off due to snow or any sort of weather.. you must call off 2 hours ahead of your start time, then call back every 2 hours all update them on the conditions of the roads near your house. if you finally choose to not come to work, you will have a personal day taken from you. This might also include a vacation day, instead of a personal day. I can't remember.. I'll have to find the paper. Something about this new policy sound fishy to anyone? Anyone else have this handed out in your terminal yet? Also had a question about another thing they posted up as a rule @ our terminal... no recording devices allowed on the property.. whats that all about? Anyone else see this posted up at their terminal?

I can't speak for any of you all but, my friends and my " FAMILY" can bring the recording device of their choice, on to my property, any time they wish. But then again, I don't mistreat my "FAMILY". And I don't have anything to hide. I wonder how it must feel to constantly be looking over my shoulder, wondering when the next revenge laden lawsuit will arrive in the p.o. box. It feels good to be above board in my camp. Elvis out...

They do not want to get a lawsuit and you have evidence against them.
I should file a lawsuit against them myself. The last time Big R talked to me I had my recorder on and it malfunctioned. It couldn't handle the overload of bull***t, heat intensive gas emitting from the big R and failed to translate non sensible rhetoric into the mike. No need to ban them, just have big R speak and they disentigrate.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I'm just trying to understand some of these policies...most of them make no sense.. and I think we're entitled to an explanation of them. The thing is we're never given one. It's just sign the paper.. I mean I understand what I'm signing..and its always subject to change so the rules only fit and apply when management so chooses to abide by them. Is it wrong to want to know what difference it makes to bring in a recording device.. I thought most states have laws regarding what would be admissible in court anyway. So if the law in PA states that if I recorded something at work, and it would be permissible as evidence in a court of law. Would the rule posted at the terminal negate that in anyway? Or would the terminal rule only be usable in my termination? Not that I'm bringing a recorder of any sort to work, who does that? Only people that have a good reason I'm guessing...and I'm guessing somewhere along the lines they've been burnt by this.

The way I "heard it" was because linehaul, hub etc. were watching the weather reports for their area they would be going to or thru and made a desicion not to run due to bad weather say from Harrisburg to BumFk ohio, so to keep the troops in line you have the new and improved policy- ever notice that when we are slow they come up with more B.S. as opposed to when your slammed? that tells me the suits need to look busy, closing all loop holes:Rulz:

And the brain trusts that set around and think up these inane rules probably have never been behind the wheel of a big truck,and if they have,shame on them.We were given this piece of dribble this morning and my opinion is that,if you don't feel safe about driving because of the weather and they tell you have to or your fired, I'm sure that wouldn't hold water if you sued for wrongful termination .Maybe they would be kind enough to also draw up a little memo stating that they in fact sent you out under these conditions and Estes will except full responsibility if you have an accident. Hey,it could happin,right after frogs grow wings so they don't bump their asses when they hop.

The way I "heard it" was because linehaul, hub etc. were watching the weather reports for their area they would be going to or thru and made a desicion not to run due to bad weather say from Harrisburg to BumFk ohio, so to keep the troops in line you have the new and improved policy- ever notice that when we are slow they come up with more B.S. as opposed to when your slammed? that tells me the suits need to look busy, closing all loop holes:Rulz:

I was just thinking about this the other day... How much sense does it make that when we've got more freight to move than we know what to do with, they don't care about anything. Bsing, call offs, poor load averages. Then as soon as things slow down.. and there isn't as much to do they want to complain about the BSing the guys do on the dock, complain about guys calling off/refusing to run due to weather, and load averages. Is it me or is this a back asswards way to approach things? We have less freight to move, so whats it matter if we spend a little more time talking, whats it matter if a few guys call off here or there? What's it matter if you know there isn't going to be that much freight for different load points and the loads are all floored out? So instead of sending the 2 guy that night to a destination with a set of empties. He'll be able to actually move some freight, and that freight won't be all smashed up and stacked all over. I know for a fact its not to due offer staffing here @ 024 we barely have enough guys to get the job done ( at least on the dock)... this place just makes no sense most of the time.