Holland | New computer changes , good or bad ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
082758510f8beaf071ea18cfe31f7be7.jpg

Cincinnati terminal gave up about 1230 and just sent drivers home. I had to pass through. Between passing through confirmation breaking down mirror getting hit while on side of road broken down I was on hold close to 4 hours total last night

We had a 30 year driver walk out over this stupid computer garbage and about 3 more guys on the fence. We are drivers who pick up and deliver freight, not computer wizards! Back to signing paper bills instead of going paperless and now that turned us into a dinosaur company. The IT guy training us this week (which just consisted of watching one stupid video) mistakenly told us this program was developed in 2004. What year is it now? We’re in the business of moving freight. You would think every effort would be made to make part of the process as efficient as possible. Not to mention the work now done from the forklift that the office girls won’t have. I thought they had jobs, too. Thanks, Yellow! You took a good company and destroyed it. You don’t care about your customers with their freight buried in thousands of trailers they won’t get for months, you don’t care about the freight getting handled and damaged more times than it needs to, and you for dang sure don’t care about ANY of your employees.

We had a 30 year driver walk out over this stupid computer garbage and about 3 more guys on the fence. We are drivers who pick up and deliver freight, not computer wizards! Back to signing paper bills instead of going paperless and now that turned us into a dinosaur company. The IT guy training us this week (which just consisted of watching one stupid video) mistakenly told us this program was developed in 2004. What year is it now? We’re in the business of moving freight. You would think every effort would be made to make part of the process as efficient as possible. Not to mention the work now done from the forklift that the office girls won’t have. I thought they had jobs, too. Thanks, Yellow! You took a good company and destroyed it. You don’t care about your customers with their freight buried in thousands of trailers they won’t get for months, you don’t care about the freight getting handled and damaged more times than it needs to, and you for dang sure don’t care about ANY of your employees.
Problem is if dock guys and management don’t properly scan bills on to trailer, no one knows where it is at. It is like a lot of things, they assumed it would be flawless, but with improper training and lack off it…………. we’ll hear we are with a mess and trying to get current in the, wait for it……………………..THE FRIKIN MIDWEST IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER WITH A STORM COMING. Good job to who ever made that call on timing.

1950s work rules and 1990s technology!!!

I feel your frustration. We at New Penn in Scranton went through this baloney. We have freight on our dock that can't be delivered because they can't cut a bill for it. The system indicates that this freight is still at a foreign terminal. Customers constantly calling for their deliveries. We lost a lot of freight in past year. To think, a great company like New Penn to operate like this is demoralizing. Thank God I'm on the down side with 33 yrs under my belt. Feel sorry for the younger guys.