Holland | New computer changes , good or bad ?

MI is a ::shit:: show (more than usual) closing shift is 1pm and 3 pm (dock only) they're working until 4-5 am. TM did buy kringles (local bakery delicacy) for the office staff. Nothing for the bargaining unit. He doesn't go for that sort of nonsense.

We had a 30 year driver walk out over this stupid computer garbage and about 3 more guys on the fence. We are drivers who pick up and deliver freight, not computer wizards! Back to signing paper bills instead of going paperless and now that turned us into a dinosaur company. The IT guy training us this week (which just consisted of watching one stupid video) mistakenly told us this program was developed in 2004. What year is it now? We’re in the business of moving freight. You would think every effort would be made to make part of the process as efficient as possible. Not to mention the work now done from the forklift that the office girls won’t have. I thought they had jobs, too. Thanks, Yellow! You took a good company and destroyed it. You don’t care about your customers with their freight buried in thousands of trailers they won’t get for months, you don’t care about the freight getting handled and damaged more times than it needs to, and you for dang sure don’t care about ANY of your employees.
I spent 20 years at Reddaway, and when we went through the change last year, I walked away and the terminal lost 6 other line drivers too. New system was a serious downgrade, freight was lost, hold times to get ahold of central dispatch were ridiculous and the entire terminal morale was in the toilet. You could feel the tension in the office, on hold with dispatch and with the other drivers. I believed in Reddaway, not yellow.
Leaving the company was scary after 2 decades but I didn’t realize the stress I left behind when I moved on. 7 of us went to another company and each of them says the same thing, “I should’ve done this years ago”. I wish you all the best, but it’s a hard transition switching to the yellow business model and it will take its toll on you.

Last edited:
I spent 20 years at Reddaway, and when we went through the change last year, I walked away and the terminal lost 6 other line drivers too. New system was a serious downgrade, freight was lost, hold times to get ahold of central dispatch were ridiculous and the entire terminal morale was in the toilet. You could feel the tension in the office, on hold with dispatch and with the other drivers. I believed in Reddaway, not yellow.
Leaving the company was scary after 2 decades but I didn’t realize the stress I left behind when I moved on. 7 of us went to another company and each of them says the same thing, “I should’ve done this years ago”. I wish you all the best, but it’s a hard transition switching to the yellow business model and it will take its toll on you.
Come on!
I can't believe you guys left for that!
I've have check every piece of freight for the last 27 years, write the pros, get bills, rework trailer, cup of coffee and we are on the way. Who cares about technology?
When you have 5, 6 weeks vacation, 12 holidays pay, 5 sick days, 10 covi days, full healthcare coverage, 7am Mon- Fri.
No pressure at all.
:poke: What a bunch of...... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:!!!!!!