Yellow | New contract proposal in print. List your initial (brief) thoughts

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster....ment_extension_12-6-2013_finalwithsummary.pdf

There is the link to the new contract proposal. I'd just like to hear everyone's initial reaction. I'm sure there will be more information forthcoming as to what was discussed on the teleconference today. I'm surprised there weren't any blatant threats of a Bankruptcy date if we failed to vote yes for it. Read the link a few times and let it soak in, as I will. post a thought or two after you think it over.

This looks better than anticipated. I see no changes to OT...everything else is pretty standard and/or stuff they could have implemented earlier (i.e. utility drivers).

I'm actually interested in the wording that we can now exchange vacation time for pay in one week increments?

Be careful about wanting to sell your vacation time. Companies are good at keeping track of how much is sold and when and if there is an actual contract negotiation down the road they will bring up how much was sold every year and want to reduce vacation time saying the employees don't need it since they keep selling it back.

Im hourly. Someone please explain this to me. "Vacation will be paid at 40 hours". I read that I'm giving up 5 hours foreach week that I have earned. Im at 4 weeks, previously at 5, so I'm giving back an additional 20 hours paid time off?

no raise for two years compounds into a lot of money in time doesn't it? also paying vacation based on 1/58 instead of 1/52 has anyone ever heard of such a thing....sounds like a big pile of poop to me.....I have been planning a No and nothing here has changed my mind!

Sucks for us road drivers. And watch layoffs will speed up so they don't have to pay out bonus money when this passes

What they are asking is only employees whose seniority predates the agreement will be protected under Art. 29.

First thoughts,
Remember the last time they paid out a "Bonus" and not a raise?
THE BONUS GOT TAXED AT 40%!
So don't think for one frekin minute your gonna get $750. You might get around $430! If the tax rate has not gone up! And outside of Pennsylvania I have no ideal what other States tax rates on a bonus are.

First thoughts,
Remember the last time they paid out a "Bonus" and not a raise?
THE BONUS GOT TAXED AT 40%!
So don't think for one frekin minute your gonna get $750. You might get around $430! If the tax rate has not gone up! And outside of Pennsylvania I have no ideal what other States tax rates on a bonus are.

I believe it's only the withholding that's taken out at that rate due to IRS regulations. When you file your tax return you get most of that back if you're over-withheld at the end of the year. You'll eventually only be taxed at the same rate as your regular earnings when you file.

when was the last time YRCW posted a 90 something operatring ratio? what is the the projection for achieving such ratios?