Yellow | New contract

If they do. Yellow should think about a last final push before it really goes under the water. Full pension and $4 raise and knock that 2 tier wages. Start your new drivers at full pay scale and hire the drivers they want and need (pick and choose)

If they do. Yellow should think about a last final push before it really goes under the water. Full pension and $4 raise and knock that 2 tier wages. Start your new drivers at full pay scale and hire the drivers they want and need (pick and choose)
700 million dollar loan set to mature next year, they can’t make money and in order to get back into the PRNSION on west coast the teamsters want full contributions with back payments. How can they afford it ?

It would be wise to understand that O'Brien will fight for the best agreement possible. The unreal expectations I'm seeing, should be tempered with the fact that he will not get blood from a stone.
Paying senior management tens of millions of dollars in salaries and bonuses is peanuts compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars the full restoration of pensions would entail.
Yellow reported a 96.2 Operating Ratio for 2022. For those who do not know what an O/R is, it a measurement of revenue versus costs. That O/R indicates that for every dollar earned they spent $0.96.2 dollars. There is no reason to expect any significant increase going forward.
I'm certain that some here will take issue with my thoughts. However, reality needs to be accepted. :1036316054:

Last edited:
It would be wise to understand that O'Brien will fight for the best agreement possible. The unreal expectations I'm seeing, should be tempered with the fact that he will not get blood from a stone.
Paying senior management tens of millions of dollars in salaries and bonuses is peanuts compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars the full restoration of pensions would entail.
Yellow reported a 96.2 Operating Ratio for 2022. For those who do not know what an O/R is, it a measurement of revenue versus costs. That O/R indicates that for every dollar earned they spent 96.2 dollars. There is no reason to expect any significant increase going forward.
I'm certain that some here will take issue with my thoughts. However, reality needs to be accepted. :1036316054:

You guys need to fight YELLOW and the TEAMSTERS. This pertains to the WESTCOAST. First off, you guys NEED to fight and make the Teamster Pension fund ACCEPT the contributions that yellow is putting into the 401k INTO The PENSION. It’s a $1.80 an hours vs the $7 that is supposed to be going into the pension. Negotiate from $1.80 To $3.00 if possible MORE from yellow , over the life of the Contract and put it into the pension not the 401k . Some pension is better then non and it’s better then the 401k . It’s better to be able to retire with less years worked (work part time if needed) with a Pension then working an extra 15 years full time with a 401k and social security.

WAGES , that’s the company battle , The company and the TEAMSTERS said our craft is UNSKILLED LABOR. I disagree on one part, THE CDL HOLDER, that’s a skilled craft that needs licensing with lots of responsibility. CDL needs more money and needs to compete with non union companies so they can retain drivers. Dock workers on the other hand are a dime a dozen. If you guys are willing to strike and loose a job for them then that’s on you guys . Although they do need yearly wages increases but not to be the same wage as a CDL holder. Make the CDL job attractive.

If this company treated drivers well istead of POS maybe we would not F em every day ! We didnt put ourselves in this position! They did ! So keep your comments to yourself or shove them up your as* !
You are incorrect. The majority of YRCW (now Yellow) Teamsters voted to accept the current collective bargaining agreement. Your childish comment reveals that YOU are, sadly, part of the problem. Real Teamsters do their jobs to the BEST of their ability, every day.
Read the quote below, evidently, you have been working overtime. :1036316054:

Yellow reported a 96.2 Operating Ratio for 2022. For those who do not know what an O/R is, it a measurement of revenue versus costs. That O/R indicates that for every dollar earned they spent 96.2 dollars. There is no reason to expect any significant increase going forward.
I’m sure you meant .962 cents to make $1

You guys need to fight YELLOW and the TEAMSTERS. This pertains to the WESTCOAST. First off, you guys NEED to fight and make the Teamster Pension fund ACCEPT the contributions that yellow is putting into the 401k INTO The PENSION. It’s a $1.80 an hours vs the $7 that is supposed to be going into the pension. Negotiate from $1.80 To $3.00 if possible MORE from yellow , over the life of the Contract and put it into the pension not the 401k . Some pension is better then non and it’s better then the 401k . It’s better to be able to retire with less years worked (work part time if needed) with a Pension then working an extra 15 years full time with a 401k and social security.

WAGES , that’s the company battle , The company and the TEAMSTERS said our craft is UNSKILLED LABOR. I disagree on one part, THE CDL HOLDER, that’s a skilled craft that needs licensing with lots of responsibility. CDL needs more money and needs to compete with non union companies so they can retain drivers. Dock workers on the other hand are a dime a dozen. If you guys are willing to strike and loose a job for them then that’s on you guys . Although they do need yearly wages increases but not to be the same wage as a CDL holder. Make the CDL job attractive.
You do know that any local that took the bail out money from the government can NOT increase the pay outs on the pension right ?

It starts at the bottom, you need people who want to make this company money. Not going into work disgruntled trying to screw the company day in and day out . If you don’t make the company money you have no grounds to ask for more .
Bingo. We get from the contract what we work for. We damage freight and hold freight in the dock for days even weeks because no one wants to load it or because they think that's the way to make OT. No, load the freight as you are unloading it and have it gone that same night, all of it. Try to load it like if you are the one to deliver it or likes every pallets is yours. Then we have every bit of reason to fight for the strongest contract.

Bingo. We get from the contract what we work for. We damage freight and hold freight in the dock for days even weeks because no one wants to load it or because they think that's the way to make OT. No, load the freight as you are unloading it and have it gone that same night, all of it. Try to load it like if you are the one to deliver it or likes every pallets is yours. Then we have every bit of reason to fight for the strongest contract.
Doesn’t your dock do cross docking? A line trailer on one side as it’s unloaded the freight is put in a bay behind the city trailer. The city loader loads the freight into the city trailer as stated on the load manifest or order of stops. Contrary, to what people believe our city trailers were always floor loaded. The trailers for the city were 90% of the time done and waiting for the city driver to punch in and go deliver.

Doesn’t your dock do cross docking? A line trailer on one side as it’s unloaded the freight is put in a bay behind the city trailer. The city loader loads the freight into the city trailer as stated on the load manifest or order of stops. Contrary, to what people believe our city trailers were always floor loaded. The trailers for the city were 90% of the time done and waiting for the city driver to punch in and go deliver.
You'll be surprised how much freight gets lost idk how. Or damaged because people take longer breaks and then try to run full speed around the corners with freight tipping or trying to make freight fit by crushing it or not checking the weight so light pallets get smashed on and etc. We need better training.

It starts at the bottom, you need people who want to make this company money. Not going into work disgruntled trying to screw the company day in and day out . If you don’t make the company money you have no grounds to ask for more .
Hire better/qualified managers. Managers who honor the contract have good employees, managers who don’t honor the contract, create those type of employees you speak of. If the company choose to lower their rates and haul the freight for free, please tell me how can the people can make them money? They still have an obligation to compensate a worker for their time/work. If we as union members focus more on our union affairs as much as we focus on the company affairs we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’re in.

Last edited:
You do know that any local that took the bail out money from the government can NOT increase the pay outs on the pension right ?
Then it sounds like you know where the problem is. Yellow wanted to pay 25% into the pension but the union said NO, all or nothing . It’s been long enough of them not accepting that 25%. Accept it and build off that so people can retire . Iv seen to many teamsters die while they should of been at home collecting a check .