Yellow | New contract

We gave enough already first it was 5 years then they needed 5 more years we gave them millions of Dollars the banks helped the government helped them you can’t help this company every one has tried .like I’ve said many many times until you change the people running this company it doesn’t matter how much money they get they will not Make it .they spend more time on truck Driving rodeo they got money for that unreal
Billions

Yellow currently contributes 21.31 a day ( 106.55 a week) into Central States, I assume it's same at the others. The rate prior to 2009 and what ABF contributes is 348.00 a week. You see the problem.....

Scanned-Document.md.jpeg
MAX FREIGHT PENSION CONTRIBUTION HAS BEEN FROZEN BY THE CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND TRUSTEES SINCE 2011 AT $342.00 A WEEK. NOW THAT ABF IS MAKING MONEY, WHY SHOULD THEY NOT PAY HIGHER PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS SINCE THEY ARE NO LONGER A "DISTRESSED EMPLOYER"? YELLOW PENSION CONTRIBUTION IS FROZEN AT $106.55 A WEEK IN THE CONTRACT. I THINK THEY CAN AFFORD TO INCREASE THEIR PENSION CONTRIBUTION RATE ALSO?! STAY TUNED!

:hyper:

Scanned-Document.md.jpeg
MAX FREIGHT PENSION CONTRIBUTION HAS BEEN FROZEN BY THE CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND TRUSTEES SINCE 2011 AT $342.00 A WEEK. NOW THAT ABF IS MAKING MONEY, WHY SHOULD THEY NOT PAY HIGHER PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS SINCE THEY ARE NO LONGER A "DISTRESSED EMPLOYER"? YELLOW PENSION CONTRIBUTION IS FROZEN AT $106.55 A WEEK IN THE CONTRACT. I THINK THEY CAN AFFORD TO INCREASE THEIR PENSION CONTRIBUTION RATE ALSO?! STAY TUNED!

:hyper:

You know better than that. None of the pension funds are signatories to any of the contracts. CSPF has nothing to say about contributions. The funds accept whatever the companies pay in premiums and use actuaries to determine the annuity payments.

You know better than that. None of the pension funds are signatories to any of the contracts. CSPF has nothing to say about contributions. The funds accept whatever the companies pay in premiums and use actuaries to determine the annuity payments.
Correct, just like before YRC got the government bailout loan, they had not paid the insurance premiums, and we were about to lose our health insurance!

Correct, just like before YRC got the government bailout loan, they had not paid the insurance premiums, and we were about to lose our health insurance!

Little known fact, the ERISA act requires the fund to collect, not the employer to pay. It's written that way to protect the employee. In Western Pa. there are several H&W funds. Preston Trucking closed the last week of August did not pay any H&W premiums in September. We had enough hours to qualify, and the funds had to cover us.