New Contract

Contract

Not trying to hijack your thread, just desperately looking for some insight on other LTL company pay. I work at NEMF & our contract is almost 2 months expired. Negotiations have now started & go like this. 2 yr contract, no raise this yr 1.5 cpm next. in 2007 we were at 46 cpm & suppose to be at 54 as of 2012. The only promise that has been kept was the concessions & freezes & they seem to continue. It seems like far more drivers are on board now with voting no, but again in our situation the union (IAM) is spreading the word that there has been no profit & this is a good deal. Any info that you guys can shed on this situation would be appreciated. I would like total compensation info if possible so as to be able to inform the other drivers just how far below rate we really are.. looking 4 wages, benefits, pension, time off info, etc. Also what type of miles do you get? we typically get around 2700/ 5 day wk Thank You. We all pickup & deliver the same freight therefore I feel rates should be equal, after-all the company is getting the same rates except for when they bid freight intentionally low with the intent to force out the weak companies. Guess that plan failed. Thanks & good luck with your negotiations.