XPO | New cut times for L/H

Dordcnwy

TB Lurker
Credits
Looks like line haul has decided to push up several cut times for dispatch at my barn. Is this system wide or just local?

The bottom guys will not be-able to run two long runs in a row at my barn... Will be impossible to get back in time to dispatch at the new improved time. I think the clean- up- guys at the end of the line should get a break, 3 or 4 guys getting their a half hour later will not hurt anything. Many breakers hanging anyhow. Are they gonna have the City guys start earlier?

Last edited:
Yeah, and Newburgh is closing soooo much earlier! (Sarcasm). I guess we'll have to give it some time.
Ya tell me about It these fac's need to fix the management and supervisor problems before they need to work on earlier cut times this crap of putting 6 hours plus on a dock with a 486 mile run is for the birds I wanna make money dont get me wrong but wow talk about no life what so ever

The bottom guys will not be-able to run two long runs in a row at my barn... Will be impossible to get back in time to dispatch at the new improved time. I think the clean- up- guys at the end of the line should get a break, 3 or 4 guys getting their a half hour later will not hurt anything. Many breakers hanging anyhow. Are they gonna have the City guys start earlier?
At our terminal ( not an FAC ) the city drivers are held up by our longest run getting back late everyday. Even if the guys leave on time the lady that runs that sector holds them - even though she knows they have a 4 hour drive ( in perfect conditions) How in the world can the start time for the P&D runs get bumped up until some MAJOR changes are made to how things are done through our WHOLE system?

At our terminal ( not an FAC ) the city drivers are held up by our longest run getting back late everyday. Even if the guys leave on time the lady that runs that sector holds them - even though she knows they have a 4 hour drive ( in perfect conditions) How in the world can the start time for the P&D runs get bumped up until some MAJOR changes are made to how things are done through our WHOLE system?

Fairly certain after the last round of cuts that there will be more. It was way to precise. After those cuts they went about promoting and shifting management and of course some left the company. There will be at least another round and further depletion of the management ranks. It takes time to sort out a company this big. Elimination of duplication is easy. Installing the right people to move forward and replacing those that will hold it back will take more time. We are still in the early stages of a two year process.

We were told management wants earlier close times. The lack of communication here never ceases to amaze me.
They want earlier close times because of e-logs. They know playing footloose with your 16 rule, and get it back, no one to get you Saturday aren't going to cut it.

They want earlier close times because of e-logs. They know playing footloose with your 16 rule, and get it back, no one to get you Saturday aren't going to cut it.
The 16 rule is only 1 in a 7 day period, & if you work 14 hours & 1 minute that counts as your 16 hour day then can't do again for 7 more days....

The 16 rule is only 1 in a 7 day period, & if you work 14 hours & 1 minute that counts as your 16 hour day then can't do again for 7 more days....
True. But it's abused constantly. Guys have to go over to get home, whether it's been used during the week or not.

True. But it's abused constantly. Guys have to go over to get home, whether it's been used during the week or not.

I started making them come pick me up. I shut it down 5 miles from the terminal one time because the idiot at the FAC wouldn't let me leave in time, even after being told twice what time i needed to leave by. Eventually when he went to the bathroom I took 2 loads and left on my own. You have to take their stupid numbers game and use it against them to get anything done.

The 16 hour exemption rule CAN NOT be used just because you have an idiot for a supervisor and he/she doesn't know how to dispatch.
It can be used once a week for any reason.

A driver can drive a CMV after the 14th hour after coming on duty, but not after the 16th hour, IF he or she:

Was released from duty at the normal work reporting location for the previous 5 duty tours, andReturns to the normal work reporting location and is released from duty within 16 hours, andHas not used this exception in the previous 6 consecutive days, except following a 34-hour restart.

Drivers claiming this exception remain subject to the 11-hour driving limit, but they essentially have an extra two hours in which to complete that driving.