XPO | New cut times for L/H

The company has guys by the short hairs on this. Log in and do everything on duty and risk running out of time only to wait 2-3 hours to get picked up and losing your run the next night, or don't and risk log violations... That's a quandary.
Company policy is if you are unable to do your scheduled run the next night through no fault of your own( ie; breakdown, weather delay, etc) you get 8 hours pay for the missed run. They better figure this out quick.

Company policy is if you are unable to do your scheduled run the next night through no fault of your own( ie; breakdown, weather delay, etc) you get 8 hours pay for the missed run. They better figure this out quick.
Well , the linehaul drivers at my terminal aren't worried about if they get the 8 hours for not being able to do their run - they are worried about being able to do a long , good paying run.

When given a choice between running a short mile run and going home , our drivers usually go home ( stay home ) - Let me be clear that I'm referring to drivers at the top of the bid/seniority sheet. A short run means a lot of dock work and little windshield time.

The squeeze is on the Greys to put a focus on building head loads and pures on o/b, at least at my barn. What is going on at yours?

I have been making pulls to a certain FAC that is notorious for being a mess. Yard is tight on where to drop boxes. Type of place that even if you get there early enough, you might not get a forklift. Have had no problem finding forklift and getting that sweet dock money. Can it be that someone up top has been using common sense on the coordination of the linehaul network, system wide. No, it has got to be that optimizer. Right?

When guys got back super late at my barn, they still got runs the next night, but instead of a good run, they get to be last out to the FAC that's only 80 miles away and will be working the dock for 8-9 hours straight.

They can just eliminate that rule. No contract=no guarantees=no 8hour pay. Simple as that.

I should clarify... If no work is available for the driver. I agree it's :shit:ty to get bumped, but at least the driver gets to work.

Do they pay the 8 hours over whatever run the driver gets that night?? They should, it's not the driver's fault he got held up at the fac and ran out of time.

I never heard about this in the south in my 20 years there. Must be a well kept secret and one that will go away at some point.

I'm UOTE="upnorth, post: 1071787, member: 3799"]Log into the employee portal. Under policies and procedures. I'd be curious if it's there for the employees in the south.[/QUOTE]
I am long gone with no access to the portal, but I would bet that is a different set of rules for the south based on my experience.

Elimination of overtime.

Cutting strait time. Make an 8 hour day a 6 hour day.
Boy I would like to see at least one 8hr day durning the week. I don't know were you are but my last few weeks were 50hrs, 53hrs, last week was 61hrs and started this week off with a 12hrs shift on monday. I wouldn't know what to do with a 8hr work day

When I was working for CSE, if you missed your run through no fault of your own, you were offered (sometimes required to take) dock work.