Averitt | New Daycabs in Nashville !

Wonder how it does going north out of NAS on 65, or south for that matter....NOTE TO CORPERATE......How about ordering the new trucks with radio's that have a AUX plug, so the driver can just plug the SAT radio or MP3 players in, with out tearing the dash open to install a adapter kit....Hardly anyone listens to the AM/FM radio or use the CD player.....just something to make our life a little easier going down the road.......BTW I took many pictures of the new trucks...will post them later.

I'm thinking that "ETown" hill is just North of BWG on I65, how many daycabs did you see? Where they 4 digit of 5 series truck numbers? I'm going to try to transfer my new stereo from my old truck if they will let me.

Wonder how it does going north out of NAS on 65, or south for that matter....NOTE TO CORPERATE......How about ordering the new trucks with radio's that have a AUX plug, so the driver can just plug the SAT radio or MP3 players in, with out tearing the dash open to install a adapter kit....Hardly anyone listens to the AM/FM radio or use the CD player.....just something to make our life a little easier going down the road.......BTW I took many pictures of the new trucks...will post them later.

My International has an aux plug for my XM radio...

There are not very many hard pulls going north besides the initial grade out of NAS, The E-Town hill coming south out of LOU gives you a GOOD idea on what kind of truck you have. The NAS driver I spoke to,said NAS is getting 2 of the new ones, I spoke with the ORL director and he said he is sched to get 2. For the shuttle drivers the LONGER wheel base is going to give you guys a BETTER ride(which you need driving up and down I59). As the NAS city driver told me, the longer wheelbase is a PITA in the city. He loved the GPS in the qualcomm..right on the money! NAS had around 10 parked on the yard, when I drove by NACARTO there were more parked over there!

Here are some Pictures of the new "RACERS"
29v192p.jpg

142vmo3.jpg

2ibyfxd.jpg

2n23dac.jpg

24vtljd.jpg

4rbxbs.jpg

No kidding. I haven't listened to a CD in 5 years and broadcast radio is crap. I listen to my ipod 100% of the time. We need USB or AUX plugs on the radios. Cheap addition than those ridiculous Vorad contraptions that never worked and made noise that drives you crazy. Imagine the wasteful cost of those dinosaur devices.

My International has an aux plug for my XM radio...
Ran XM for 9-10 years and was a pioneer customer. However, I tired of it quickly, terminated my service, and FAR prefer my ipod as I can download podcasts and be set for hours, commercial free and can change it daily and I do. Can also listen to audiobooks on the ipod. It is ALL that I listen to anymore. Costs me zero, zilch, nada.

The wheels are 2 hole wheels. Where are the five hole wheels? Don't the powers that be realize that the holes are to disperse heat? Probably not. However, at least they have new tires and not a drive train full of casings that have been capped 50 times.

And as a side note, haven't seen any of these down south yet. I know we are thought of as the step children but come on!

The wheels are 2 hole wheels. Where are the five hole wheels? Don't the powers that be realize that the holes are to disperse heat? Probably not. However, at least they have new tires and not a drive train full of casings that have been capped 50 times.

Spec'd that way by someone who looks ONLY at cost VS function, of course THEY don't have to do their jobs in these trucks.

I emailed the man over issuing new trucks week before last and he told me my unit would trade at the "end of the month". Our daytime Nas. drivers have seen alot of daycabs being transported toward Nashville last week.

Well there have been a load of new Volvo bedroom trucks distributed. Have not seen a new daycab Volvo in person yet.

Still no new Volvo daycabs. Starting to believe they don't exist....or maybe they were all sent to KNX where all of the smart drivers are. LOL

I drove by the Volvo plant in VA on my way to Roanoke on Thursday, saw red day cabs in the holding lot in front, along with some red sleeper trucks...could'nt tell if they were AVRT TYPE UNITS!