ADuiePyle | New Director of Fleet Maintenance

I will say this I work for fedex freight and from the trucks I see you guys have nice looking trucks always clean !!!!

With the trends in the industry, the director of 'anything' will be a computor person. The director of 'freight traffic' has never been inside a truck, the 'director of sales' has never met a customer, the 'director of maintenance' has never turned a wrench. These positions nowaday's all require a master's degree on moving didgets from one side of a computor screen to the other side.

As a 20 year man at ADP the one thing I always appreciated was how many white shirts started either as drivers or dock workers and was given the oportunity to progress in the company. I was a driver, now I work in Safety in DOT compliance. Many of our dispatchers were drivers. Some TM's started as dock workers or drivers. It's not a smoke and mirrors act, it's the REAL DEAL. We do have our issues, but what company doesn't. After all nobody's perfect.:6788:

I think it is a step in the right direction. He has a CDL and can drive. He appreciates well maintained equipment and is in the position to see to it that we get it. Good luck to him.