ODFL | New dispatch boards

DayliteDean

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Not sure when this takes effect,but the company is shrinking the number of dispatch boards from seven to four.
Imagine the US and Canada divided into quarters and you have a pretty good picture on what the new boards are they're called; Northeast which basically covers area from Indiana east and north of Tennessee some of the S/C's in this board are IND,LOU,BAL,JCY,and BOS the phone # is the same as the old Northeast and Mid Atlantic board. The Southeast board which encompasses the country from Tennessee and Alabama to the Gulf than East S/C's in this area are MFS,BHM,ATL,MRT,MIA,GBO,and RIC.the phone #for this board is the same as the former South/Tennessee board.
The Northwest board which covers the area from CHI and STL and following I-70 west to the Pacific(not including CA)some S/C in this board include KCY,MSP,MLW,DEN, SLC,PDX,and SEA,the phone # on this board will be the old Central States board.
Finally the Southwest board which will basically run from the Mississippi River west to California and South of I-70 S/C's include SPM,JKN,NOL,PAR,DAL,HOU,ABQ,
VGS,RTO,SAC,RNO and SFC phone # this is same as old west board.

Not sure Ump,they aren't shrinking dispatch staff,guess it might simplify dispatch one change is they now have a position called "Planner" that they didn't have before,on days my old west board dispatcher Jimmy and Jason from Central are doing that.

Reactions: Ump
Not sure Ump,they aren't shrinking dispatch staff,guess it might simplify dispatch one change is they now have a position called "Planner" that they didn't have before,on days my old west board dispatcher Jimmy and Jason from Central are doing that.
I heard Jimmy was moving into the "planner" position. Glad to hear no job losses. Thanks for the info.

Only other changes (at least from a driver's point of view) would be less board splitting on East-West runs, administratively there maybe some advantages..

Jimmy has been one of the people I've respected the most in Central, that guy helped me out big time when I ran team. Jason started out and turned into a good one also.

Anyone that's been here longer than a few years know how Harold is doing?

Jimmy has been one of the people I've respected the most in Central, that guy helped me out big time when I ran team. Jason started out and turned into a good one also.

Anyone that's been here longer than a few years know how Harold is doing?
Jimmy Stewart is a great guy.He still drives some.Harold passed several years ago from Cancer

Jimmy Stewart is a great guy.He still drives some.Harold passed several years ago from Cancer
Harold was a great guy for certain, Does Dennis still get out and run now that he's a manager? He really surprised us one day by showing up in WIC a few years ago.

Thanks for the update. Didn't think the outcome was going to be good when he went to Hospice. That's sad to hear.