ABF | New Driver

I just kind of stared through him. I'm not the toughest guy in the world, but I'm down for anything. He was yelling like he was about to beat my ass, so go ahead.
Let him get wound up. Let him give the first punch. Make him look all bad & out of control. Let the witness & evidence force him out of 90,000 a year job. If none of that works, a dark night with no body around & all cameras disabled, you will know what to do. So I won't violate any posting rules, I am dreaming this response not actually advocating it. von.

Let him get wound up. Let him give the first punch. Make him look all bad & out of control. Let the witness & evidence force him out of 90,000 a year job. If none of that works, a dark night with no body around & all cameras disabled, you will know what to do. So I won't violate any posting rules, I am dreaming this response not actually advocating it. von.
I have no idea of what you speak, sir. But it sounds right. Even though I'm probably reading it wrong.

That terminal is called Lawrenceville. It is only a couple of years old to ABF. It used to be a YRC terminal. The union hall is being rebuilt so we meet at the IBEW beside I-75 in Atlanta on the second Saturday of the month. President of the Local is Matt. Not sure who the city business agent is but Wayne Brown is the road business agent and he may also be the city agent. I have not heard any complaints from the city drivers or dock workers when I come through 089 so you should get along well.

Any specific questions ask and I'll do my best to give specific answers. I'm a road driver at 086 for 21 years so I know a little about a few things and nothing about most things.
Not sure that statement qualifies you as a true road driver.
After 21 years one would think you know as much as all of us road drivers, which is everything about all things.

Whenever I was in Flint, the terminal was empty. So I never talked to anybody except the dispatchers.

But knowing the area, it wouldn't surprise me. Lol
Back in the day, Flint was a very busy operation. We used to have 20 people working out of that building (5 office, 15 drivers). We had a great customer base, with some accounts generating a lot of freight. Towards the end we had 6 drivers (5 city, 1 UE) nobody in the office, and was classified to a satellite operation. Than in 2012 they closed Flint on a COO (territorial shift). So Flint went from a boom town to a depressed state in a short period of time.

Back in the day, Flint was a very busy operation. We used to have 20 people working out of that building (5 office, 15 drivers). We had a great customer base, with some accounts generating a lot of freight. Towards the end we had 6 drivers (5 city, 1 UE) nobody in the office, and was classified to a satellite operation. Than in 2012 they closed Flint on a COO (territorial shift). So Flint went from a boom town to a depressed state in a short period of time.
Was that 2012? Geez, it's been 10 years since I've been to a terminal that I vividly remember. I have Yellow terminals that are closer to 15 years, and I can still remember the office layout. The mind is a strange thing.

That terminal is called Lawrenceville. It is only a couple of years old to ABF. It used to be a YRC terminal. The union hall is being rebuilt so we meet at the IBEW beside I-75 in Atlanta on the second Saturday of the month. President of the Local is Matt. Not sure who the city business agent is but Wayne Brown is the road business agent and he may also be the city agent. I have not heard any complaints from the city drivers or dock workers when I come through 089 so you should get along well.

Any specific questions ask and I'll do my best to give specific answers. I'm a road driver at 086 for 21 years so I know a little about a few things and nothing about most things.
Thank you very much. I’m here doing my 30 days and it’s rather cool and laid back. No offense to 086, but since I had a choice of here or there I just didn’t want the 24/7 operations to contend with.

I’ll definitely reach out with questions.

"blanket party?"