new driver

shutterbug

TB Lurker
Credits
I am planning on taking a job with us foods in Swedesford NJ. can anyone give me some insight on the company.
I've heard that the work is hard and thats ok as long as I get paid well. How are the hours? Will I ever be forced to work on Saturday? How many hours in in a typical day of work?
Any feedback is greatly appreciatted.

Shutterbug

I am planning on taking a job with us foods in Swedesford NJ. can anyone give me some insight on the company.
I've heard that the work is hard and thats ok as long as I get paid well. How are the hours? Will I ever be forced to work on Saturday? How many hours in in a typical day of work?
Any feedback is greatly appreciatted.

Shutterbug
Ok, you said any feedback, I don't know about USF in your neck of the woods, here its a good job, hard work for sure, hours are till the job gets done, I work for Sysco and my day is typically 10 hrs min., here in Tulsa, everyone else is done when we are still out, IDK why.

As for Sat., I have no idea about the NE, its probably a union job so refer to the contract, other than that, if I lost my job at Sysco USF is the door I would knock on.

Welcome to Truckingboards Shutterbug, this is a good place, I guess I should say welcome to the family!

hey shutterbug. welcome to foodservice. im a sysco driver and have talked to numerous usf guys when i delivered in ny. i believe they get 52 cents per case. thats really good money. saturdays are probably a must, but that just frees up a day during the week.

Hi Stonecold, how are things in your neck of the woods? They been doggin me, I finally worked 5 days the last 2 weeks, thank goodness, there were several weeks I only got 3 days, can't pay the bills on that, even at Sysco, because its only me. I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!

GT

hey gt, glad to hear from ya. very busy here in ny. ski resorts are kickin in. alot of turkeys delivered lol. hiring alot of new drivers. how can they work you 3 days? can you bump a jr driver?

hey gt, glad to hear from ya. very busy here in ny. ski resorts are kickin in. alot of turkeys delivered lol. hiring alot of new drivers. how can they work you 3 days? can you bump a jr driver?
I hate turkeys! Haha!! the 3 days has to do with my bid, after the bids were complete the school route I bid on decided not to recieve deliveries on wed, instead get all their product on mon, tues is my pool day, or extra day, so tues and wed sometimes I'm off, I have 5 days the last 2 weeks so I'm beaming over that!! 3700 cases, 39 hrs and 5 days, I grossed 1297.00, I can live with it.