•    Since Adults seem to be in charge again, Truckingboards is back on Twitter @truckingboards

XPO | New DVI

upnorth

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium
Every time they come up with something new, we make more money. You want me to take mandatory pre and post trips on 16 pcs of equipment a night? No problem. An extra 45 min of pay a day!

OV-10

Every time they come up with something new, we make more money. You want me to take mandatory pre and post trips on 16 pcs of equipment a night? No problem. An extra 45 min of pay a day!
100%. I don’t think management takes into consideration when they add more task into the routine it greatly delays things . I know that guys just start cutting corners in other area of their day to make up lost time to these new task . I get what their trying to accomplish but to burden drivers who are already maxed out is not the answer.
It’s like we had drivers that could hook a set in 6 minutes. Ok good for you but to what risk for that feat . There will be drivers that will tell you they can do these pics in a minute.

upnorth

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium
100%. I don’t think management takes into consideration when they add more task into the routine it greatly delays things . I know that guys just start cutting corners in other area of their day to make up lost time to these new task . I get what their trying to accomplish but to burden drivers who are already maxed out is not the answer.
It’s like we had drivers that could hook a set in 6 minutes. Ok good for you but to what risk for that feat . There will be drivers that will tell you they can do these pics in a minute.
Well… that lasted a day. Lmfao!!!

Don Draper

The whole process is loose. I was told from day one take pics of everything. Some guys say just when you see a defect, some say pre trip only, some guys haven't taken a pic of one thing since it rolled out…

Fly-by-night

Only when you care to send the very best
75% of or LH missed dispatch time Monday night and everyone I talked to had 30min+ hook and drop times. It this new social media generation

upnorth

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium
Im
75% of or LH missed dispatch time Monday night and everyone I talked to had 30min+ hook and drop times. It this new social media generation
Im sure that was a quarter million dollar mistake, easy. I only take pics of defects. That part is great. Helps the shops and vendors.

icuicp

Im

Im sure that was a quarter million dollar mistake, easy. I only take pics of defects. That part is great. Helps the shops and vendors.
I WISH that I could have been there the moment the higher ups realized their mistake!

Spitting their expensive coffee out and shouting across the room , "WTF!?!? That cost HOW MUCH !?!? WELL , change it back!!! YES , RIGHT NOW!!! I know how it looks , I also know how much it cost!!! YES , before the end of the shift , OR ELSE!!!"

OV-10

I WISH that I could have been there the moment the higher ups realized their mistake!

Spitting their expensive coffee out and shouting across the room , "WTF!?!? That cost HOW MUCH !?!? WELL , change it back!!! YES , RIGHT NOW!!! I know how it looks , I also know how much it cost!!! YES , before the end of the shift , OR ELSE!!!"
Wait till they see how much this new pro number system cost them in time spent at customers docks

dalesr

And you can put in 10 different trailers. Oh who fun will I/B be. Look here's a 5 skids orders on 5 different trailers
Can you say sh## show? We have several drivers show up at customers now.. I think this will make it worse. My tm is trying to convince me it will make things better. with today’s caliber of workers, I think not.

icuicp

Throughout the whole process of getting these new parent-child pros I have heard nothing but confidence from management that this will solve a few problems: part shortages an unidentifiable freight.

I wonder what will happen when there is a shortage ( with the new pro system ) or a pice of freight isn't where the computer says it is?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock