XPO | New DVI

Randommdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
How many pics are you supposed to take on the new dvi system? I heard only defects, and also supposed to take 13 for every pre and post trip...

Are the pre and post trips paid under the mileage umbrella, or charged as miscellaneous?

Is there any documentation - company docs - with the exact definition of mileage pay?

Are drivers at other locations assigned handhelds? ( They were assigned at our location but that was too much responsibility for management and drivers so they were unassigned )

Are drivers at other locations assigned handhelds? ( They were assigned at our location but that was too much responsibility for management and drivers so they were unassigned )
Ours have numbers attached with stick on lables. We had to sign in and out every day. That worked great for three days untill everybody peeled the numbers off. Now we grab whatever is there and most people take them home leaving a shortage.

Ours have numbers attached with stick on lables. We had to sign in and out every day. That worked great for three days untill everybody peeled the numbers off. Now we grab whatever is there and most people take them home leaving a shortage.
Ours have numbers on them with our names . We each use our own with no problem. If one of our goes down then we use a spare. No Problems for the last couple years. I work with a good bunch of guys that respect the way it works.

we don’t have enough at our place so no assignment, just grab one from the cabinet.

Ours have numbers on them with our names . We each use our own with no problem. If one of our goes down then we use a spare. No Problems for the last couple years. I work with a good bunch of guys that respect the way it works.

Fortunate. Our P&D crew has gotten so ghetto that any attempt at organization is basically destroyed and reported to HR inside a week.

Fortunate. Our P&D crew has gotten so ghetto that any attempt at organization is basically destroyed and reported to HR inside a week.
Real total compensation has not kept up with time. It was bound to go this way eventually. You can longer attract quality employees. Some of us us try to change things while other resisted . Now you have what you have because they believed the company had their best interest at heart.
NOW YOUR STUCK WITH WHAT YA GOT. GET USE TO IT.

All the driver shortage have done is bring hourly and mileage rates up to where they should have been 5 yrs ago. Other benefits have stagnated or deteriorated .

NO REAL GAINS HAVE BEEN MADE.

Last edited:
Real total compensation has not kept up with time. It was bound to go this way eventually. You can longer attract quality employees. Some of us us try to change things while other resisted . Now you have what you have because they believed the company had their best interest at heart.

All the driver shortage have done is bring hourly and mileage rates up to where they should have been 5 yrs ago. Other benefits have stagnated or deteriorated .

and the Biden economy take it back another 5yrs

You need to do that to you hand trucks and pallet jacks. After the second time of backing to the dock and taking it out I stopped doing it and just take them back to my sic. A few city guys love the hand trucks they are better then the ones we have.

This company is in a race to sell before DIE initiatives render it inoperable. The money's good, but the recruiting is targeted at the types least likely to take advantage of it; and the dock labor structure drives off anyone qualified.

I saw a good candidate literally walk off the dock, was hired at a competing LTL two days later, because of the dock time required while building up seniority.