XPO | New DVI

Every time they come up with something new, we make more money. You want me to take mandatory pre and post trips on 16 pcs of equipment a night? No problem. An extra 45 min of pay a day!

Every time they come up with something new, we make more money. You want me to take mandatory pre and post trips on 16 pcs of equipment a night? No problem. An extra 45 min of pay a day!
100%. I don’t think management takes into consideration when they add more task into the routine it greatly delays things . I know that guys just start cutting corners in other area of their day to make up lost time to these new task . I get what their trying to accomplish but to burden drivers who are already maxed out is not the answer.
It’s like we had drivers that could hook a set in 6 minutes. Ok good for you but to what risk for that feat . There will be drivers that will tell you they can do these pics in a minute.

100%. I don’t think management takes into consideration when they add more task into the routine it greatly delays things . I know that guys just start cutting corners in other area of their day to make up lost time to these new task . I get what their trying to accomplish but to burden drivers who are already maxed out is not the answer.
It’s like we had drivers that could hook a set in 6 minutes. Ok good for you but to what risk for that feat . There will be drivers that will tell you they can do these pics in a minute.
Well… that lasted a day. Lmfao!!!

The whole process is loose. I was told from day one take pics of everything. Some guys say just when you see a defect, some say pre trip only, some guys haven't taken a pic of one thing since it rolled out…

75% of or LH missed dispatch time Monday night and everyone I talked to had 30min+ hook and drop times. It this new social media generation

Im

Im sure that was a quarter million dollar mistake, easy. I only take pics of defects. That part is great. Helps the shops and vendors.
I WISH that I could have been there the moment the higher ups realized their mistake!

Spitting their expensive coffee out and shouting across the room , "WTF!?!? That cost HOW MUCH !?!? WELL , change it back!!! YES , RIGHT NOW!!! I know how it looks , I also know how much it cost!!! YES , before the end of the shift , OR ELSE!!!"

I WISH that I could have been there the moment the higher ups realized their mistake!

Spitting their expensive coffee out and shouting across the room , "WTF!?!? That cost HOW MUCH !?!? WELL , change it back!!! YES , RIGHT NOW!!! I know how it looks , I also know how much it cost!!! YES , before the end of the shift , OR ELSE!!!"
Wait till they see how much this new pro number system cost them in time spent at customers docks

And you can put in 10 different trailers. Oh who fun will I/B be. Look here's a 5 skids orders on 5 different trailers
Can you say sh## show? We have several drivers show up at customers now.. I think this will make it worse. My tm is trying to convince me it will make things better. with today’s caliber of workers, I think not.

Throughout the whole process of getting these new parent-child pros I have heard nothing but confidence from management that this will solve a few problems: part shortages an unidentifiable freight.

I wonder what will happen when there is a shortage ( with the new pro system ) or a pice of freight isn't where the computer says it is?

I will give this new EDVIR system one thing. Now I can see who was the last one to use the truck, trailer or dolly without trying to figure out who chicken scratch that was. I know at my place they are now talking to you if you bring O/S trailers in, big one being the annual inspection. I guess it time to do you job.

I will give this new EDVIR system one thing. Now I can see who was the last one to use the truck, trailer or dolly without trying to figure out who chicken scratch that was. I know at my place they are now talking to you if you bring O/S trailers in, big one being the annual inspection. I guess it time to do you job.
i have noticed that prior defects are not being deleted when they are fixed. Lights out, bad tires etc. are any shop locations deleting the defects when they are fixed?

i have noticed that prior defects are not being deleted when they are fixed. Lights out, bad tires etc. are any shop locations deleting the defects when they are fixed?
Yes you are correct. As I learned more about the system, which is run by SamSara, is this system is not setup for our type of operation in a way. I found out this week that the shop does not see and of the defect a driver writes up. The shop said they are but haven't been able to yet, or that the problem was fix, ie delete the defect.
When you mark up a defect in the EDVIR it will show up on you SIC defect report. Now that's fine if it equipment assigned to your SIC. Lets say you write up a truck for a flat tire. When the tire guy fixes it you FOS or whoever will mark it up a resolved and if they don't do it you as a driver can do it when you see it was repaired then it will disappear in the HH but will still be on record in the system.
The problem startes on trailers especially the pups or trailer not assigned to your SIC. When ever you mark up as defect it will always show in you SIC defect report because you are assigned to that SIC. The past Friday night I took a trailer to the FAC and marked it up that 2 tires need replacement low tread. Now even though that trailer is at a total different SIC it will still show up in MY SIC defect report. I did go to the shop and tell them about it and red tagged it.
This is were the problem lies your FOS. He will not resovle a defect in the system on a trailer not in his yard where he knows it has been fixed. Now this is were the professional part of being a driver comes in. You will see the defect is still listed like lights out/ bad tire and you see if has been fixed then you can list it as being resolved. We did this all the time on the old 8300 forms when you signed as reviewing driver. This is part of you job during a pre/post trip inspection.
The person I talked to about this says they know the problem and are working on it. It also shows we have people changing system that have no knowledge of how the system should work.

Knowledge is power

Last edited:
Yes you are correct. As I learned more about the system, which is run by SamSara, is this system is not setup for our type of operation in a way. I found out this week that the shop does not see and of the defect a driver writes up. The shop said they are but haven't been able to yet, or that the problem was fix, ie delete the defect.
When you mark up a defect in the EDVIR it will show up on you SIC defect report. Now that's fine if it equipment assigned to your SIC. Lets say you write up a truck for a flat tire. When the tire guy fixes it you FOS or whoever will mark it up a resolved and if they don't do it you as a driver can do it when you see it was repaired then it will disappear in the HH but will still be on record in the system.
The problem startes on trailers especially the pups or trailer not assigned to your SIC. When ever you mark up as defect it will always show in you SIC defect report because you are assigned to that SIC. The past Friday night I took a trailer to the FAC and marked it up that 2 tires need replacement low tread. Now even though that trailer is at a total different SIC it will still show up in MY SIC defect report. I did go to the shop and tell them about it and red tagged it.
This is were the problem lies your FOS. He will not resovle a defect in the system on a trailer not in his yard where he knows it has been fixed. Now this is were the professional part of being a driver comes in. You will see the defect is still listed like lights out/ bad tire and you see if has been fixed then you can list it as being resolved. We did this all the time on the old 8300 forms when you signed as reviewing driver. This is part of you job during a pre/post trip inspection.
The person I talked to about this says they know the problem and are working on it. It also shows we have people changing system that have no knowledge of how the system should work.

Knowledge is power
I get it. I hit “resolved” on my pre-trip if the problem has been resolved. It takes an extra minute to double check the item. We have a shop so I get any safety item addressed before I leave.