TForce | NEW ENGLAND VOTES NO, BUT NATIONAL TWO-PERSON COMMITTEE STILL ENDORSES UPS FREIGHT CONTRACT

ReformTeamster

TB Lurker
Credits
https://www.facebook.com/newenglandteamsters/

NEW ENGLAND VOTES NO, BUT NATIONAL TWO-PERSON COMMITTEE STILL ENDORSES UPS FREIGHT CONTRACT

New England Teamster locals that represent UPS Freight unanimously voted NOT to endorse the proposed contract reached between the International and UPS Freight this morning.

Unfortunately, in a voice vote, the International declared the vote in favor of sending the contract to the membership rather than returning to the table to fix the contract's significant problems.
The vote came at the "Two-Person" meeting held to determine whether or not to send the proposal to the membership.

The New England locals cited problems including:

1. Subcontracting
2. A new two-tier wage system created for new hires
3. Members have to work longer to earn vacation
4. Members have to work longer to earn retirement benefits

"Subcontracting continues to be a major problem with this contract. Even though it decreases slightly, still 44 percent of the freight will be shipped non-union through the system. That's a real issue" said John Murphy of Teamsters Local 25. "What makes it worse is that those numbers are what the company admits to, so who knows how much more is being diverted to non-union carriers."

Joint Council 10 locals will mount an aggressive, fact-based campaign about the deficiencies in the proposed agreement. As details about the balloting procedure become available the Joint Council will post on social media.

While it's great that Sean O'Brien suddenly decided to break from Hoffa for the first time since Hoffa got his fat, unqualified ass in the Marble Palace as general president in 1999, the timing is transparently selfish.

O'Brien has always wanted the highest position in the union. He has made it to local union principal officer, joint council president, international vice president, UPS negotiation chairman, and maybe more. (He's no longer the UPS negotiation chairman.)

O'Brien knows that there is about to be an opening in the general president's position. O'Brien also knows that there will be an IBT GEB election in 2021.

Since O'Brien doesn't have the nationwide name recognition of Hoffa, he needs to get that. How to do that? By finally deciding to go against what Hoffa wants, and recommend no votes to Hoffa's crappy tentative agreements at UPS and at UPS Freight.

So in 2019, 2020 and 2021, O'Brien will be able to fill his campaign ads with statements about how hard he fought big UPS.

So this whole, sudden NO thing is more about him ascending to the throne, than it is about what's best for the members.

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/newenglandteamsters/

NEW ENGLAND VOTES NO, BUT NATIONAL TWO-PERSON COMMITTEE STILL ENDORSES UPS FREIGHT CONTRACT

New England Teamster locals that represent UPS Freight unanimously voted NOT to endorse the proposed contract reached between the International and UPS Freight this morning.

Unfortunately, in a voice vote, the International declared the vote in favor of sending the contract to the membership rather than returning to the table to fix the contract's significant problems.
The vote came at the "Two-Person" meeting held to determine whether or not to send the proposal to the membership.

The New England locals cited problems including:

1. Subcontracting
2. A new two-tier wage system created for new hires
3. Members have to work longer to earn vacation
4. Members have to work longer to earn retirement benefits

"Subcontracting continues to be a major problem with this contract. Even though it decreases slightly, still 44 percent of the freight will be shipped non-union through the system. That's a real issue" said John Murphy of Teamsters Local 25. "What makes it worse is that those numbers are what the company admits to, so who knows how much more is being diverted to non-union carriers."

Joint Council 10 locals will mount an aggressive, fact-based campaign about the deficiencies in the proposed agreement. As details about the balloting procedure become available the Joint Council will post on social media.

While it's great that Sean O'Brien suddenly decided to break from Hoffa for the first time since Hoffa got his fat, unqualified ass in the Marble Palace as general president in 1999, the timing is transparently selfish.

O'Brien has always wanted the highest position in the union. He has made it to local union principal officer, joint council president, international vice president, UPS negotiation chairman, and maybe more. (He's no longer the UPS negotiation chairman.)

O'Brien knows that there is about to be an opening in the general president's position. O'Brien also knows that there will be an IBT GEB election in 2021.

Since O'Brien doesn't have the nationwide name recognition of Hoffa, he needs to get that. How to do that? By finally deciding to go against what Hoffa wants, and recommend no votes to Hoffa's crappy tentative agreements at UPS and at UPS Freight.

So in 2019, 2020 and 2021, O'Brien will be able to fill his campaign ads with statements about how hard he fought big UPS.

So this whole, sudden NO thing is more about him ascending to the throne, than it is about what's best for the members.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

My 2 cents,doubt if Hoffa will run again in 2021,he is currently 77,in my opinion he may not give a rip with any contracts.

Somebody explain this to me. The International sends the contract to the locals to vote on whether to send the contract to the membership or to send it back to the negotiators. The locals, I assume voted the way that the local's members wanted, voted no but the International overrode the wishes of the local unions and voted to send the contract to the membership. First, who appointed the two man International committee, we all know who that was, and why bother sending it to the locals? The fix is in and everybody should know that by now.

Somebody explain this to me. The International sends the contract to the locals to vote on whether to send the contract to the membership or to send it back to the negotiators. The locals, I assume voted the way that the local's members wanted, voted no but the International overrode the wishes of the local unions and voted to send the contract to the membership. First, who appointed the two man International committee, we all know who that was, and why bother sending it to the locals? The fix is in and everybody should know that by now.

Get off this forum, you don't work at UPS.

You don't like me here asking questions that you can't or don't want to answer, then take it up with the moderators. Otherwise, I guess you can't understand it either and I'm guessing you do work for UPS.

That is in the by-laws of the IBT. So in essence the rank & file vote means nothing. What does matter is the IBT officers (who we voted in to their job) have the final say. Now how fuc*** up is that? I was lucky to work as a Teamster for 19 years & got a decent Pension out of it, even though my retirement money will take a hit. Change the rules & you change who has the power. Been tried @ the last 4 conventions, and failed. Proposals to change the IBT rules, never made it to the floor for a vote. von.,

st: 1292743, member: 34492"]You're just a douchebag. That is my point.[/QUOTE]
Be careful what you post,#18. I guess you didn't find time to discuss me with the moderators. It seems that they had a lot to discuss with you. See ya.

bS20eSf.jpg

This is what this guy thinks of you if you support President Trump.
You’re a ***** team-sta

bS20eSf.jpg

This is what this guy thinks of you if you support President Trump.
You’re a ***** team-sta
What does the Teamsters White Caucus think of his comment what a joke? The real question is how much money Teamster companies waste on bogus EEOC lawsuits? Teamsters black and hispanic caucus is ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ I thought we were all Teamsters united together?