SAIA | new equipment

I have not saw the memo either. I did see two '12 Volvo sleepers ready to go in ATL though. I hope that is showing a change back to purchasing Volvo's instead of the Internationals. The drivers hate them and so do the shops.

Were the Internationals the 'Pro-Star' ?, if so, I can understand why they are dis-liked. we have some now at my employer and they distained and hated with every fiber of your being by those forced to have one assigned to you.

To me the 05' and newer Volvo tractors are much nicer to drive than other makes, I have driven some that are close to the 1,000,000 mile mark and are still nice to drive while the freightliners,internationals are drafty rattletraps by this time. when you hit a bump in an IH. or FL. they sound like parts are going to fall off. If it was my money Id buy volvo they have their issues but when the miles plie up the tractor is still nice to drive, It dosent feel like a old POS. Like some others. Volvo for me Please.:smilie93C_peelout:

The memo is supposed to be with the Quality Matters campaign.. I keep hearing about the expansion to the northeast, but nothing concrete.

yeah ive driven one of those brand new 13 letter s**t preadders for two days while my 05 volvo is in the shop this thing is sick as sick can get i like to shift the gears the way i want to not the way some pencil pusher wants me to i was pulling a hill on I-26 in the appalachain mtns with about 40,000 and it kept buzzing at me telling me to shift up even a swift driver knows you cant shift up in the middle of a hard pull gees! my 05 is like a freakin corvette up beside this thing and it has 980000 miles on it

Nothing in writing, but I was told that we are buying a lot of pups this coming year. Get used to the new singles, we'll all be in them next year.

we had a short meeting about it recently. more brand new tractors, brand new pups (no road or city vans), new uniform policy & less uniform choices (and more money to order uniforms with. i think we are headed to a look similar to fedex freight), new hand carts company wide, and pallet jack wheel chocks (the rectangular ones that fit just the back wheels of the jack). i believe the TM said we are spending $400,000 on the hand carts and pallet jack stoppers alone, which to me, seems like a waste... we need new pallet jacks before we need something to bother stopping them with, especially when we have ways of keeping them in place already... I'd rather have the money, than the new equipment, personally.

Send some of them (New Tractors) to Cincinnati, I go by the terminal on my way to the Motel and some of them (Road Tractors) should be put out to pasture and used as flower planters...jmo!!

I guess no one told the company the cheapest pallet jack stopper of them all is.......an empty pallet wedged between the steer wheels and the wall of the trailer. Either way it's nice to finally see them investing in their own company again. Maybe they will also invest in fixing the walls of some of the pups.

Maybe they will also invest in fixing the walls of some of the pups.

We recently had a JKN city van get destroyed due to this. was being loaded by a customer with heavy freight, and a capable forklift. it either broke the van in half, or broke the floor out of the bottom (i don't which, i didn't see the pictures). i bet the operator on that lift just about ****...