New guy looking for driving opportunity

Coffee50

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m thinking about making the jump and switching careers. I have my cdl A and all the required endorsements.

I’m 33. I haven’t had my license very long but I got some very solid training from some people at my current company. I can’t drive for them because I’m in management. So I’m thinking I should move on.

I’m trying to figure out which company would be best suited for me. I’d prefer a union carrier for the retirement. I live in the northeast. I’m leaning towards ABF but I’m not sure what (if any) other LTL and grocery/food service carriers are unionized in the Boston area.

I’m not making the switch because of anything specific... I’m just burnt out on 11 years of being in management. I just want to show up, work, go home. I’ve always been a worker and I’m tired of the politics. Any advice is welcomed.

I’m thinking about making the jump and switching careers. I have my cdl A and all the required endorsements.

I’m 33. I haven’t had my license very long but I got some very solid training from some people at my current company. I can’t drive for them because I’m in management. So I’m thinking I should move on.

I’m trying to figure out which company would be best suited for me. I’d prefer a union carrier for the retirement. I live in the northeast. I’m leaning towards ABF but I’m not sure what (if any) other LTL and grocery/food service carriers are unionized in the Boston area.

I’m not making the switch because of anything specific... I’m just burnt out on 11 years of being in management. I just want to show up, work, go home. I’ve always been a worker and I’m tired of the politics. Any advice is welcomed.
Reinhart food service is union......New Penn (LTL) is union, Yellow/Roadway is union...i believe some of these places are a tad bit north of Boston, off I-93..???? go to either's website for locations, i used to work for NEMF (LTL union) and these all have terminals at the same exit.....

good luck