Pitt-Ohio | New Hino Tractor

That would be fun to drive, and we can’t have that! Also, there are drivers today that would burst into tears if they opened the door and saw a shift lever, let alone one with a range button and a splitter.
That’s the problem today, too many drivers that shouldn’t be drivers. Go back to all manual transmissions, that would cut the ‘driver pool’ by at least 30%, the remaining drivers would get an automatic pay hike.

That’s the problem today, too many drivers that shouldn’t be drivers. Go back to all manual transmissions, that would cut the ‘driver pool’ by at least 30%, the remaining drivers would get an automatic pay hike.
And there is too much dependency on automation in general by new drivers entering the industry. one example is the ever increasing frequency of drivers pulling hills in the center lane while repeatedly being passed on both sides. I assume it's a combination of not having a buzzer or light telling the driver to move over, as well as a lack of common sense.

And there is too much dependency on automation in general by new drivers entering the industry. one example is the ever increasing frequency of drivers pulling hills in the center lane while repeatedly being passed on both sides. I assume it's a combination of not having a buzzer or light telling the driver to move over, as well as a lack of common sense.
How many drivers cant get to the other side of town with relying on a GPS. My 1st day at 21 years old, left NJ to go to Brooklyn. Boss said you know where you going, I said to Brooklyn yes, actual street NO. He said well if you want to be a truck driver when you get there by a F#$&*** map. Welcome to the real world of trucking! ( no GPS and no cell phones back then).

And whether you’re trying to navigate a through a city or plan a cross country run, it really wasn’t that hard to do once you got the hang of it. The sense of accomplishment far outweighed the effort that was put into it.

The drivers that stay in the middle lane going up hills are also the ones that have their high beams, 3 gps units on the dash, and they’re watching videos on their phone! Smh
They must be teaching that in schools because it's slowly becoming the norm on the PA Tpke, and passing on the right does nothing to trigger a thought in those driver's heads that maybe it would be a good idea to move to the right lane.

I'm a Pitt driver myself. This absolutely drives me crazy and I've been seeing it more and more the last few years. This is truck driving 101 and basic common sense but then again you know what they say about common sense!