ODFL | New Hire at OD- Employee Handbook Question

John Van Riemer

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, I was recently hired as a p&d driver- will be working on the dock/driver training while I wait for the next driving school. My log-in for the company website is not ready yet, as I do not start for another week or so.
Can someone upload/send me a link to the OD employee handbook? I want to look into/get ahead of a couple of things regarding insurance, so that everything will be squared away by the time I actually start. Thanks, looking forward to a long career with OD!

Whats your questions? You will enroll on the computer, you will most likely do all of that when you first start on the computer at the terminal.

Hi, I was recently hired as a p&d driver- will be working on the dock/driver training while I wait for the next driving school. My log-in for the company website is not ready yet, as I do not start for another week or so.
Can someone upload/send me a link to the OD employee handbook? I want to look into/get ahead of a couple of things regarding insurance, so that everything will be squared away by the time I actually start. Thanks, looking forward to a long career with OD!
I don’t believe that you can get in without a employee number. I don’t believe it’s open until you’re hired on and enrolled.

Whats your questions? You will enroll on the computer, you will most likely do all of that when you first start on the computer at the terminal.

I don't start for about ten days- i simply wanted to look over the employee handbook in the mean time. I have been hired, i have a start date etc. I have ten days of free time- i figured it would be a good idea to look over the handbook before i start. Obviously, i do not have an employee number or anything, since i have not actually started, so i do not have access to the ODFL4US website. I understand that i enroll on the computer at the terminal on my first day.

I don’t believe that you can get in without a employee number. I don’t believe it’s open until you’re hired on and enrolled.

yup. i understand that. thats why i asked if anyone could upload the pdf for met to view. I do not start for about another 10 days. I figured it would be a good idea to read up on the employee handbook in the coming week before i officially start.

I’m sorry, but honestly I wouldn’t give someone access to the site or the handbook. In fact, nah I better not go there. Best of luck and welcome to OD.

all good thanks.. was not looking for access to the site through your employee log in. Just an email or post of the link for the PDF file. Im not sure what you were implying by "i better not go there" haha, but its all good man. i recently moved from PA to central Long Island, so ill be at the LIS terminal. I've heard that its the best company to work for in the industry so we'll see if that checks out! asst. terminal manager Joe called me up today to check in, and he emailed me the handbook. just gonna look it over here and there before i start on Thursday (tentatively, as of my conversation with Joe today)

Best be working here before you get that knowledge. Good try though

all good billyboy, my asst terminal manager called me up today to check in, iron out some details. asked him to email me the handbook in PDF form. It's good for some light reading while I'm on the can. Kenneth was right: there's not much "knowledge" in there, but hey, figured it's better to be prepared just in case.
VFfXKR6.jpg

BYTaKTp.jpg

all good billyboy, my asst terminal manager called me up today to check in, iron out some details. asked him to email me the handbook in PDF form. It's good for some light reading while I'm on the can. Kenneth was right: there's not much "knowledge" in there, but hey, figured it's better to be prepared just in case.
VFfXKR6.jpg

BYTaKTp.jpg

You’re not even a truck driver yet, just one step at a time kid

VFfXKR6.jpg

BYTaKTp.jpg
Do u have the handbook still?