Estes | New Hire for 017 Greensboro

Hey everyone, just got my call yesterday to do my drug screening and Dot Physical. Once that comes back I’ll be able to set my start date. I’ll be running Line Haul. I’m looking forward to getting started.
What is the starting rate at Estes these days?

What is the starting rate at Estes these days?
I think $.665 top out at .745 linehaul extraboard been averaging over 2 cent increases every January. Think takes 3 years. Someone mentioned 4 dunno but do know, the new guys get treated better here because us rich guys are willing to give up our runs to let them run when things get slow and certain times they will get slow.

I think $.665 top out at .745 linehaul extraboard been averaging over 2 cent increases every January. Think takes 3 years. Someone mentioned 4 dunno but do know, the new guys get treated better here because us rich guys are willing to give up our runs to let them run when things get slow and certain times they will get slow.
Okay thanks

So I did my interview on Wednesday. Real nice people at 017. Interview with Dave then me and him and terminal manager. Seemed real nice and like a good company and atmosphere. I been in LTL since 2004. I know it’s not always rainbows and lollipops everyday. On extra board how much northeast NY running. I mean it’s terminal to terminal so it’s not like you are trying to find Paul’s shoe shop downtown New York Ciry. Now they said they try to run to Harrisburg and let the northeast guys handle the northeast since they are more familiar with it. I kinda wondered about that one. Also, he said right now they were 6 bud openings that nobody had taken yet. How long normally til you can get a scheduled run

thanks and any insight would be appreciated

So I did my interview on Wednesday. Real nice people at 017. Interview with Dave then me and him and terminal manager. Seemed real nice and like a good company and atmosphere. I been in LTL since 2004. I know it’s not always rainbows and lollipops everyday. On extra board how much northeast NY running. I mean it’s terminal to terminal so it’s not like you are trying to find Paul’s shoe shop downtown New York Ciry. Now they said they try to run to Harrisburg and let the northeast guys handle the northeast since they are more familiar with it. I kinda wondered about that one. Also, he said right now they were 6 bud openings that nobody had taken yet. How long normally til you can get a scheduled run

You may get one right away, I run through 017,really good folks, extraboard just all depends, great work environment, people are nice every where I been, best of luck,

Keep the run,just gimme da money lol

You’ll be doing a lot of northeast out of the 017, but you’ll also have the chance to run some south and Midwest too, you just never know. Don’t buy into what they say about only going to Harrisburg and the NE guys running the rest from there because that is pure Bologna. 024 / Harrisburg is the gateway to the northeast and you’ll be subject to get up there and stay all week, it won’t take long to get familiar with it. That being said, as far as miles and money goes I am willing to bet if you work hard and keep it moving you can make better money up there than anywhere else in the system with the freight volumes they have, I have run 4000 miles in one pay sheet (one week) from NC to NY region on more than one occasion. No terminals in NYC but you have Jersey city terminal in Jersey city right off of 1-9 then you have Brooklyn terminal located in North Bergen NJ right off the 1-9 as well, tight and run down of course but they are no problem to get in and out of. You’ll do fine mang, just try to concentrate on the check at the end of the week and not dwell on the unpaid wait times you will incur, it will drive you crazy if you let it.

You’ll be doing a lot of northeast out of the 017, but you’ll also have the chance to run some south and Midwest too, you just never know. Don’t buy into what they say about only going to Harrisburg and the NE guys running the rest from there because that is pure Bologna. 024 / Harrisburg is the gateway to the northeast and you’ll be subject to get up there and stay all week, it won’t take long to get familiar with it. That being said, as far as miles and money goes I am willing to bet if you work hard and keep it moving you can make better money up there than anywhere else in the system with the freight volumes they have, I have run 4000 miles in one pay sheet (one week) from NC to NY region on more than one occasion. No terminals in NYC but you have Jersey city terminal in Jersey city right off of 1-9 then you have Brooklyn terminal located in North Bergen NJ right off the 1-9 as well, tight and run down of course but they are no problem to get in and out of. You’ll do fine mang, just try to concentrate on the check at the end of the week and not dwell on the unpaid wait times you will incur, it will drive you crazy if you let it.
Thanks. You were spot on. The Linehaul supervisor said mostly to Harrisburg and let northeast guys handle it up there. But after I interviewed again with terminal manager he was straight up about northeast and maybe being up there all week. It’s all good. It’s terminal to terminal so not like you are trying to find a run down dinky shop in middle of downtown NYC. Thanks for info. I’m gonna make the move for sure.

Thanks. You were spot on. The Linehaul supervisor said mostly to Harrisburg and let northeast guys handle it up there. But after I interviewed again with terminal manager he was straight up about northeast and maybe being up there all week. It’s all good. It’s terminal to terminal so not like you are trying to find a run down dinky shop in middle of downtown NYC. Thanks for info. I’m gonna make the move for sure.
They have many many bids of various sorts and lots of old drivers so it would be an ideal terminal to get a bid relatively quickly. We sure need more room though, the place is packed like 3D Tetris.

Loop is right, I worked out of the north east, for awhile, transfer to 010,made tons of money, really not bad at all, everyone is pretty decent up there, most of lay down hotel's are better than average