ABF | New hire info.

ov1127

TB Lurker
Credits
I have searched through forums and through new downloads but I can only find limited info. It says new employees are 90% of full scale but I only see the full scale of 24 on last contract. Also, I see alot of talk about vacations being lost but not much info for new employees.

I'm currently with Reddaway in Arizona for almost 8 years but I think its time to jump ship since I think Yrc wont be around long enough for me to retire. Any info is greatly appreciated.

New hire is 90% for 1yr, scale is $24.93 and $0.62mile full pay. Probably is 30 days in southern conference road. Vacation is 1yr 1week, 2yr 2week, 8yr 3week, 15yr 4week, 20yr 5week, 30yr 6week.

Last edited:
New hire is 90% for 1yr, scale is $24.93 and $0.62mile full pay. Probably is 30 days in southern conference road. Vacation is 1yr 1week, 2yr 2week, 8yr 3week, 15yr 4week, 20yr 5week, 30yr 6week.
New top pay rate is $25.0032

v7HvqFQ.jpg

Wow thats interesting. Someone mentioned that in another thread but didnt believe it.

I know there are no employee premiums for insurance but is it an 80/20 coverage?

Wow thats interesting. Someone mentioned that in another thread but didnt believe it.

I know there are no employee premiums for insurance but is it an 80/20 coverage?

Each Supplemental plan has slightly different H & W plans. There should be no co-pays anywhere..(..a company ripoff if there ever was one...)....and there may be some 80/20 plans,...and some much better than that....

The company pays a set amount toward H & W,...and the Trustees of the Plan negotiate with local health providers for the best deal they can get.....And since they're dealing with a large group of people across several companies,..I think you should be pleasantly surprised once you get a peek at your region's H & W..

In the southern conference we don't have copays except for the $20 you pay at MOST doctor visits (some routine health maintenance are fully covered). And Go40 is probably a city diver: they make slightly more per hour than road drivers and they get time and a half. As brother Canary said, check with the steward or BA.

I have searched through forums and through new downloads but I can only find limited info. It says new employees are 90% of full scale but I only see the full scale of 24 on last contract. Also, I see alot of talk about vacations being lost but not much info for new employees.

I'm currently with Reddaway in Arizona for almost 8 years but I think its time to jump ship since I think Yrc wont be around long enough for me to retire. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I left YRC after 13 years for ABF june 2017 and worked till probation period was over then laid off 11 months then called back to work july 2018 six weeks later worked 5 days for 3 of the 6 weeks and talking about layoff in september. I'm at home this week after working 1 day and saying maybe friday so Im looking for a FULL TIME JOB ! Had one guy retire back in June and Terminal manager says hold out till april and another man will retire. Are you -ucking kidding me, should of throat punched her dumb -ss . I dont know if your terminal is busy but be careful because they dont care if you go broke. I know you have to pay yor dues but when you only work maybe 4 months out of 15 months that SUCKS !

I left YRC after 13 years for ABF june 2017 and worked till probation period was over then laid off 11 months then called back to work july 2018 six weeks later worked 5 days for 3 of the 6 weeks and talking about layoff in september. I'm at home this week after working 1 day and saying maybe friday so Im looking for a FULL TIME JOB ! Had one guy retire back in June and Terminal manager says hold out till april and another man will retire. Are you -ucking kidding me, should of throat punched her dumb -ss . I dont know if your terminal is busy but be careful because they dont care if you go broke. I know you have to pay yor dues but when you only work maybe 4 months out of 15 months that SUCKS !
That does suck, and these companies are starting to feel the pressure because nobody wants to do this ::shit:: anymore. But as usual ABF has no clue....

What are you telling me about it? I voted no....care to enlighten us to who you work for?
FedEx Freight and myself ( small side business ). I'm not "telling you about it" or asking how you voted. I simply quoted your post because of the new rate. I'm interested in what happens with YRC, ABF and UPS because of all the years I spent working under the NMFA. I just don't understand how that could be put in front of ABF teamsters to approve of or how the majority approved it.

FedEx Freight and myself ( small side business ). I'm not "telling you about it" or asking how you voted. I simply quoted your post because of the new rate. I'm interested in what happens with YRC, ABF and UPS because of all the years I spent working under the NMFA. I just don't understand how that could be put in front of ABF teamsters to approve of or how the majority approved it.
And that’s where the word “dumb truck driver”came from....