XPO | New hire insurance

cmsdock

TB Veteran
Credits
I just wanted to know what insurance plans will be offered to me when I got enroll. My supervisor said I would have a wide range of plans to select from.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first year I believe it is only the basic plan they offer. After your first year you can choose from the other plans.
Basics are if I remember right:
$5 week
5,000 co-pay
then they pay 70% and you pay 30%.
I could be wrong, but this should give you an idea about it.

I was told I would have multiple plans to chose from and I would be covered beginning my first day. I'm in the w&r group so I could be different.

Yea could be, this is in the south so it could be different.
Here your not covered until you've done your 90 day probation.

Thanks for the reply I'm just going by what I was told and also what my offer of employment letter stated to. Just wanted to see if anyone had anymore details.

I got my ins.in June. SUX with a capital SUX!!!! no dental, or vision for the first year. You can get the HSA I did for $1,000 they take over $41 out of my check each week for it cuz I started it late in the year. $5 a week is what it costs me for the ins. it would be another $30/week if my wife got ins. through her company but turned it down. (she's part time so no worries there). My normal bill from my Dr. without ins. is $90. We would tell him we have no ins. and pay out of pocket after visit. My wife went three weeks ago for a normal visit and we got the bill. Insurance paid nothing because we haven't met our deductible. We did however save a WHOPPING $9 from there discount thingy that most ins. co. get removed from DR. bills so I only had to pay $171.00 WOOHOOOOOOO.

For the first year I believe it is only the basic plan they offer. After your first year you can choose from the other plans.
Basics are if I remember right:
$5 week
5,000 co-pay
then they pay 70% and you pay 30%.
I could be wrong, but this should give you an idea about it.
That's a $500 deductible, not 5000

thanks i thought that deductible was high for that starting plan. still haven't been able to find anything out yet the hr person has been on vacation.

I have heard that the new hire insurance has a cap of $10,000. If so thats just 2 broken arms from being without insurance again..

I don't think you have to wait a year. I do believe you have to wait for the next open enrollment period to get the full choice.

Heard the same at our terminal, "yep thats the way it is, no sir its not" so how do i find out forsure because my 90 days will be up in a few weeks. $10,000 cap for 5 dollars a week sounds kind of fishy for such a large campany, i was paying $14 a week and it had a cap of 1 million. Would just like to find out the facts...

Heard the same at our terminal, "yep thats the way it is, no sir its not" so how do i find out forsure because my 90 days will be up in a few weeks. $10,000 cap for 5 dollars a week sounds kind of fishy for such a large campany, i was paying $14 a week and it had a cap of 1 million. Would just like to find out the facts...
That's all that is available for your first year, then you can change....wether or not its for a full year or until the next open enrollment, well I don't know the answer to that..

I was told it's after your first year. Similar to if your hired mid-year that is the only time you can make a change out of the open enrollment period. Whether that's the truth or not is anyones guess though.